Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur
|Owner/Operator||Aéroports de la Côte d'Azur (ACA)|
|Serves||Nice, Cannes,the Côte d'Azur and the Principality of Monaco|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in France
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (French: Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur, which translates into Nice Blue Coast Airport) (IATA: NCE, ICAO: LFMN) is an international airport located 3.2 NM (5.9 km; 3.7 mi) southwest of Nice, in the Alpes-Maritimes départment of France. It is the third busiest airport in France and serves as a focus city for Air France and an operating base for easyJet. In 2019, it handled 14,485,423 passengers. The airport is positioned 7 km (4 mi) west of the city centre, and is the principal port of arrival for passengers to the Côte d'Azur.
Due to its proximity to the Principality of Monaco, it also serves as the city-state's airport, with helicopter service linking the principality and airport. Some airlines market Monaco as a destination via Nice Airport.
The airport covers an area of over 3.70 km2 (1.43 sq mi), with 2.70 km2 (1.04 sq mi) used by its two parallel runways and the three passenger terminals and freight terminal. The airport's theoretical capacity is 13 million annual passengers and 52 movements (26 landings) per hour. Terminals 1 and 2 are linked by courtesy shuttle buses that also connect the car parks with the terminals.
Terminal 1 features 25 gates on a space of 52,000 m2 (560,000 sq ft). It features flights to domestic, Schengen and non-Schengen destinations and has a capacity of 4.5 million passengers per year. A business center is located at Terminal 1 containing eight rooms and a conference room with a capacity of 250 people.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger facility and has 29 gates on a space of 57,800 m2 (622,000 sq ft) and is also equipped to handle flights to all destinations. It has a capacity of 8.5 million passengers per year.
Business Aviation Terminal
The Business Aviation Terminal, located next to Terminal 2, covers an area of 1,500 m2 (16,000 sq ft). Opened in 2010, this terminal contains the operations rooms, VIP lounges, crew lounges and offices of several business aviation companies.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights to and from Nice:
- by helicopter
|ASL Airlines France||Marseille|
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The airport is located on the western end of the Promenade des Anglais. Buses go between the airport and the Gare de Nice-Ville railway station (route 99 -discontinued-) and Nice-Riquier railway station (route 98). The train station Nice-Saint-Augustin is near the airport (15 minutes by foot). Since December 2018, Nice tramway line no2 connects the Airport to the Magnan interchange to the West of the City centre. The route will then continue to the Harbour via the city centre in 2019–2020.
Accidents and incidents
- On 9 April 1949, SNCASE Languedoc P/7 F-BATU of Air France overran the runway and was damaged beyond economic repair.
- On 3 March 1952, SNCASE Languedoc P/7 F-BCUM of Air France crashed shortly after take-off killing all 38 people on board. The cause of the accident was that the aileron controls had jammed. The aircraft was operating a domestic scheduled passenger flight from Nice to Orly Airport, Paris.
- LFMN – NICE CÔTE D'AZUR. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 25 March 2021.
- "EAD Basic". Ead.eurocontrol.int. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Nice Côte d'Azur Airport: 2015 airport statistics". Societe.Nice.Aeroport.fr. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Airports Serving Monaco". Angloinfo.com. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Route Map" in 1993, Trans World Airlines
- "Nice Côte d'Azur Airport". albajet.com. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- nice.aeroport.fr - Flight Info retrieved 29 September 2019
- "Book a flight". Aegean Airlines. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Air France annonce 8 nouvelles destinations au départ de Nice cet été". Nice-Matin. 9 April 2021.
- Liu, Jim. "Air France S20 Short-Haul Network additions as of 28JAN20". Routesonline. Retrieved 29 January 2020.
- "Air Moldova". www.airmoldova.md.
- L, J (12 February 2014). "Belavia Adds Krasnodar and Nice Service from late-April 2014". Airline Roites. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- Airways, British. "FLY TO EUROPE FROM SOUTHAMPTON WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS". mediacentre.britishairways.com.
- Thierry Blancmont (1 February 2019). "Chalair reliera Agen et Bergerac à Lyon et Nice". Air Journal (in French). Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Flights 2021 / 2022 | 1000's of low priced seats! | easyjet.com". www.easyjet.com.
- "easyJet announces six new routes from Amsterdam and strengthens its links between The Netherlands and the UK". EasyJet. 14 October 2014.
- "Home page". Easyjet.com. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "easyJet schedules new routes in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "easyJet S20 new routes as of 27DEC19". Routesonline. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- רוזנבלום, עירית (25 October 2018). "אל על תחל לטוס לניס שבריביירה הצרפתית באביב". Ias.co.il. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Héli Sécurité - Luxury Helicopter Airline Company". Héli Sécurité.
- Schlappig, Ben (4 December 2018). "La Compagnie's Nice Flight Now on Sale: $1,200 Roundtrip Fares". Onemileatatime.com. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Air France se pose à Monaco". Air-journal.fr. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Qatar Airways Launches Direct Service To Nice" (Press release). 4 July 2017. Archived from the original on 16 November 2018. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- Liu, Jim (20 December 2018). "S7 Airlines S19 Regional / International service changes as of 04JAN19". Routesonline. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "SAS S19 European network additions". Airline Route. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "SkyUp". skyup.aero.
- "La compagnie aérienne Transavia va ouvrir 4 nouvelles lignes au départ de Brest". France Bleu. 2 February 2021.
- Liu, Jim. "Transavia France adds new domestic routes from Nov 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Vols nice - Billets d'avion nice - TUI fly, avant Jetairfly". Tuifly.be. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Istanbul NEW Airport Review I One Mile at a Time". One Mile at a Time. 9 April 2019.
- "Details of United Airlines' Big International Expansion". One Mile at a Time. 22 August 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "United NS20 Long-Haul operations as of 0800GMT 13APR20". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Volotea ouvrira un Nice - Lille en juin | Air Journal".
- Liu, Jim. "Volotea S20 network additions as of 10OCT19". Routesonline. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Volotea outlines post-COVID 19 network expansion in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "VOLOTEA - Cheap flights, offers and plane tickets to Europe". Volotea.com. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Wizz Air will fly from Krakow. Cheap carrier will open 12 routes from the capital of Lesser Poland". Businessinsider.com.pl. 21 November 2018.
- "Wien: Wizzair kündigt neun weitere Strecken an". Austrianaviation.net. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
-  Archived 19 September 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- "F-BATU Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "F-BCUM Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
Media related to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport at Wikimedia Commons