||This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. (January 2013)|
Both countries are close allies and members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, the military alliance formed by the Collective Security Treaty Organization, and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Tajikistan hosts Russian military units and infrastructure in Central Asia. Tajikistan and Russia also work closely together in issues concerning Afghanistan and are partners in anti-terrorism, anti-narcotics, and intelligence operations.
Tajikistan is highly dependent on the remittances coming from Russia. In 2012, it received US $3.595 billion in migrant remittances, equalling some 48% of its GDP. Some 1.5 million Tajiks work abroad, mostly in Russia.
- (Russian) Documents on the Russia–Tajikistan relationship at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Zafar Abdullayev (3/04/04). "TAJIKISTAN, RUSSIA PROBE MILITARY PARTNERSHIP". Eurasianet. Retrieved 2009-07-18. Check date values in:
- Konstantin Parshin (1/12/09). "TAJIKISTAN: RUSSIAN DIPLOMATS WANT TO CLEANSE TAJIK MEDIA". Eurasianet. Retrieved 2009-07-18. Check date values in:
- "Tajikistan Russia's Role in the Early 1990s". Photius. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "Tajikistan-Russia: Demarche as Rakhmon's answer to Medvedev". Ferghana.Ru news agency. 2009-02-02. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- Vladimir Radyuhin (Jun 6, 2004). "Tajikistan: Russia scores over U.S.". The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- (English) (Russian) (Tajik) Embassy of Russia in Dushanbe
- (Russian) Embassy of Tajikistan in Moscow
- (Russian) Consulate-General of Russia in Khuzhand
- (Russian) Consulate-General of Tajikistan in Ekaterinburg
- "Russian FSKN Chief against Introducing Visas for Central Asians". The Gazette of Central Asia. Satrapia. 18 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russia–Tajikistan relations.|
|This article about government in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government and politics in Tajikistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|