Savannah State University College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
|Dean||Dr. Robert Smith|
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) is the liberal arts college of Savannah State University. The college offers Bachelor of Arts degrees with concentrations in Africana studies, English language and literature (religious and philosophical studies or foreign language), history, or mass communication (print and online journalism, public relations and advertising, and radio and television) and the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in visual and performing arts. It also offers the Bachelor of Science degree with concentrations in behavioral analysis, criminal justice, political science (pre-law, public administration and international and comparative politics), and sociology and the Bachelor of Social Work degree with a concentration in social work.
CLASS is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer bachelor's degrees as well as the Master of Public Administration, the Master of Science in Urban Studies and Planning and Master of Social Work. The bachelor's degree and Master of Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The MPA is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration. The Mass Communications Department is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
Departments and degrees
- Department of Liberal Arts
- Department of Mass Communications
- Department of Political Science, and Public Affairs
- Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Social Work
- Undergraduate degrees
- Graduate degrees
- "Savannah State University 2005-2007 Catalog" (PDF). Savannah State University. 2005. Retrieved 2007-04-04.
- "SSU CLASS Home". Savannah State University. 2005. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- "Directory of Accredited Social Work Degree Programs" (PDF). Council on Social Work Education. Retrieved 2008-02-14.[dead link]
- "2007-08 Roster of Accredited Programs" (PDF). National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration. Retrieved 2008-02-14.
- "SSU's mass communications program accredited by ACEJMC" (PDF). Savannah State University. 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-27.