Spencer George Matthews
6 August 1988
|Occupation||CEO, television personality, author|
Vogue Williams (m. 2018)
|Relatives||James Matthews (brother)|
Spencer George Matthews (born 6 August 1988) is a British entrepreneur and television personality. He is the founder and CEO of the Clean Liquor Company and Eden Rocks Diamonds. He frequently invests in startups and early growth companies. He is best known for TV shows such as Made in Chelsea, Celebrity MasterChef, The Bachelor, The Jump and Spencer, Vogue and Wedding Two.
He is the third son of landowner and entrepreneur David Matthews from his second marriage to Rhodesian-born Jane Spencer Parker, an artist. His mother was educated at the Slade School of Art. He is named after his maternal grandfather, Robert Spencer Parker, an architect. He has an older half-sister, Nina, and two older brothers James and Michael, the latter of whom died at age 22 scaling Mount Everest in 1999.
The family owned Caunton Manor, a 30-acre estate in Nottinghamshire, and Eden Rock in Saint Barthélemy, one of the top 100 resorts in the world. Matthews split his childhood between the two residences.
He was educated at Eton College. In 1999, when Matthews was ten years old, his brother Michael was killed in a mountaineering accident on Everest, hours after becoming the youngest Briton to conquer the peak.
Matthews worked as a public relations manager and an actor and as a foreign exchange trader at Icap currency brokers.
In 2017, he won the fourth series of Channel 4’s competition show, The Jump.
In 2018, he became the face of Cartoon Network's Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix Watch.
2019 saw Spencer work alongside his wife on their own E4 show, “Spencer, Vogue and Baby Too.” The show was so popular with audiences that it returned for a second series the same year.
He has presented for BBC Watchdog, appeared in Cbeebies 2019 marketing campaign and worked with the Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board.
In 2019 he launched luxury diamond jewellery business Eden Rocks and the Clean Liquor Company.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2005
- Matthews, Spencer (27 April 2014). Confessions of a Chelsea Boy: The Autobiography. Sidgwick & Jackson. p. 272. ISBN 9781447242703. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- Matthews, Spencer (1 October 2013). Confessions of a Chelsea Boy. Pan Macmillan UK. ISBN 1743513216.
- Gutteridge, Nick (20 July 2016). "Middleton of the Glen! How Pippa will get a title to rival her sister Kate after engagement". Daily Express. UK. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Who is Spencer Matthews, Pippa Middleton's brother-in-law?". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- Pelly, Guy (8 April 2017). "Meet the Matthews: who are Pippa Middleton's imminent in-laws?". Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
27-year-old Spencer... (was familiar with) London's Slade School of Art
- "The Glen Affric Estate". glenaffricestate.com. Affric Lodge. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- Smith, Lauren (23 May 2017). "See the Massive Scottish Estate Pippa Will Someday Be Lady Of". housebeautiful.com. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
(James and Spencer) Matthews' parents are currently the Laird and Lady of Glen Affric, a (10,000-acre) Scottish estate in the Highlands. Someday, it's reported that the titles his father and mother currently hold will be passed down to James and his wife. This means, Pippa and James will one day rule the roost of the spectacular property.
- Kay, Richard. "The VERY black sheep joining Pippa's family: Spencer Matthews". Mail Online. The Daily Mail.
- "Spencer Matthews talks son Theodore's relationship with Pippa Middleton and James' son Arthur". 19 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
The former Made in Chelsea star also had a busy year working, including becoming the new face of Cartoon Network's Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix Watch.
- "See the incredible Scottish estate where Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams said 'I do'". Hello Magazine. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
Spencer's father David Matthews bought the Scottish estate in 2008, and has since held the title of the Laird of Glen Affric. The title will be inherited by Spencer's brother James upon their father's death, while Vogue's new sister-in-law Pippa Middleton will become known as Lady Glen Affric......The couple are set to welcome their first child together later this summer.
- "Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams welcome birth of their son". Aberdeen Evening Express. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.