Cassandra Ann Randolph
April 27, 1995
|Alma mater||Biola University (BS)|
University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire (MS)
Cassandra Ann Randolph (born April 27, 1995) is an American television personality who came to national prominence in 2019, as a contestant on season 23 of The Bachelor, starring Colton Underwood. Randolph was later chosen by Underwood as the winner of the competition.
Early life and education
Randolph was born in Huntington Beach, California to parents Matt Randolph, a marketing agency CEO, and Amy McCleary. She is the eldest of three siblings; her younger siblings include Michelle and Landon; Michelle is an actress and model signed to Wilhelmina Models. Randolph grew up in Huntington Beach and Walnut Creek, California, where she graduated at Berean Christian High School; Randolph then attended Biola University, graduating with a degree in communication sciences and disorders in 2016. She then began working as a substitute ESL teacher at the Huntington Beach Union High School District. She will graduate with her master's degree in speech pathology from the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire in 2020.
Randolph began her career in reality television in 2016, appearing in the reality web series Young Once. The series follows Christian students in Southern California studying at Biola University, a conservative evangelical university that enforces abstinence-only rules and bans alcohol and drugs. Season two of the web series began airing at the same time as The Bachelor.
In 2018, Randolph was cast in season 23 of The Bachelor, starring former professional football player Colton Underwood. Filming for the season took place throughout fall 2018, and Randolph was later revealed by the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) as a contestant on December 6, 2018. In the episode aired on March 4, 2019, Randolph quit the competition after realizing she did not feel ready to become engaged at the end of the season; Randolph breaking up with Underwood caused him to commit the "fence jump", which was heavily reported in the media. Randolph later rejoined the season in the following episode, after Underwood reveals to her that he would not propose and had broken up with other finalists Tayshia Adams and Hannah Godwin to be with her. As the only remaining contestant, Underwood selected Randolph as the winner in the March 12 episode.
- "The Birth of Cassandra Randolph". California Birth Index. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Bicks, Emily (February 26, 2019). "Cassie Randolph Parents & Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.
- Beck, Laura; Chambers, Hannah (March 13, 2019). "Everything You Need to Know About 'The Bachelor' Contestant Cassie Randolph". Cosmopolitan.
- Barney, Chuck (February 4, 2019). "'The Bachelor': Walnut Creek's Cassie gets her big chance tonight". The Mercury News. San Jose, California. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Igoe, Katherine J. (February 6, 2019). "'The Bachelor' Star Cassie Randolph Is Starring On Another Reality Show As Well". Marie Claire.
- "Young Once". Young Once. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Stone, Natalie (February 6, 2019). "The Bachelor's Cassie Randolph Addresses Docuseries That's Currently Airing About Her and Her Ex". People.
- D'Alusio, Alexandra (December 7, 2018). "Gregg Sulkin Is Dating 'Bachelor' Season 23 Contestant Cassie Randolph's Sister Michelle". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- Krolak, Mike (December 6, 2018). "The Bachelor 2019 Cast: Meet Colton's Bachelorettes". ABC. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Oliver, David (March 11, 2019). "'Bachelor' Colton Underwood says 'I'm done with this' in finale sneak peek". USA Today.
- Guglielmi, Jodi (March 4, 2019). "The Bachelor Colton Gets Rejected by Cassie Before the Fantasy Suite — So He Jumps a Fence". People. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- Piester, Lauren (March 13, 2019). "The Bachelor's Colton and Cassie Reflect On the Fence Jump and Watching the Season With Her Dad". E!.
- Baldwin, Kristen (March 11, 2019). "The Bachelor season finale recap part 1: 'I don't know if I'm making the right decision'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Nahas, Aili (March 14, 2019). "Colton Underwood and Cassie Randolph Share a Hilarious Food Habit: 'I Knew I Loved Him Then!'". People.
|Awards and achievements|
| The Bachelor winner
[to be determined]