Travis Lane Stork
|Travis Lane Stork|
Stork in San Diego in 2008
|Alma mater||Duke University
University of Virginia
|Occupation||Emergency physician and television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Charlotte Brown (2012 - 2015)|
Stork graduated magna cum laude as a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society from Duke University, and earned his medical degree with honors from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Alpha Omega Alpha. He thereafter began an emergency medicine residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
During his residency, Stork appeared on Season 8 of The Bachelor. During the season finale of the show, Stork chose schoolteacher Sarah Stone, who coincidentally lived only a few blocks away from his Nashville residence. However, only one week after the show's pre-taped finale aired, the couple announced that their relationship was already over.
Stork was the lead host on The Doctors, a Los Angeles-based daytime medical/talk show, beginning with its debut in September 2008 and continuing through its renewal in 2014 for the 2015-2016 season. On the show, Stork led a panel of three other physicians from different fields (pediatrics, plastic surgery and obstetrics) who discussed health issues and answered audience questions. The idea came about from a series of segments that were featured on Dr. Phil, to which Stork was also a frequent contributor. The show won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Informative in 2010. A 2014 study in the British Medical Journal determined that "evidence supported 63%, contradicted 14%, and was not found for 24%" of recommendations made by the panel of doctors, and that "the public should be skeptical about recommendations made on medical talk shows."
Stork has published several books for the general public about health, which includes The Lean Belly Prescription and The Doctor's Diet, and both had made the New York Times Best Seller list in the "Advise, How to & Miscellaneous" category.
Stork has said that his parents were midwestern farmers and that he was the first doctor in his family.
- Paige Albiniak (April 29, 2014). "Meet the Original Doctors of 'The Doctors'". Variety (magazine). Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Staff, Fox News Magazine. June 6, 2012 6 Lean Belly Tips from Dr. Stork
- Kate Belz for the Chatanooga Times Free Press. July 25th, 2013 Host of 'The Doctors,' formerly of Vanderbilt, coming to She Expo
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski for Reality TV World. July 5, 2012 Former 'The Bachelor' Star Travis Stork Marries Dr. Charlotte Brown
- Paige Albiniak for Variety. April 29, 2014 ‘The Doctors’ at 1,000 Episodes: Show Finds Success in Mixing Info and Entertainment
- Patricia Sheridan for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. May 13, 2013 Breakfast With ... Dr. Travis Stork
- Melinda Carstensen for MediaPlanet: The Future of Healthcare. Making the Rounds with Dr. Travis Stork Page archived May 25, 2015
- Brian Stelter for the New York Times. Jan 16, 2009. Grab the Remote, the Doctor’s In
- "'As the World Turns' tops Daytime Emmys". The Hollywood Reporter. New York City: Prometheus Global Media. Associated Press. June 27, 2010. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Koronyk, C.; et al. (December 17, 2014). "Televised medical talk shows—what they recommend and the evidence to support their recommendations: a prospective observational study". The British Medical Journal. doi:10.1136/bmj.g7346. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "Press Release: Dr. Travis Stork, co-host of TV Talk Show The Doctors, Joins Telehealth Leader MDLIVE as Chairman of its Medical Advisory Board".
- Web Archive of MDLIVE: Our Advisors Page archived March 2015
- WorldCat Stork, Travis Page accessed March 15, 2016
- New York Times Best Sellers. February 27, 2011 How to, Miscellaneous
- "Advise, How-to & Micellaneous". The New York Times. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- The Doctors Star Travis Stork Married to Dr. Charlotte Brown
- Kile, Meredith B. (January 27, 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Travis Stork Reveals the Most Unexpected Part of Being 'The Bachelor'". ET Online. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
Prince Lorenzo Borghese