Travis Lane Stork
|Travis Lane Stork|
Stork in San Diego in 2008
|Born||March 9, 1972|
University of Virginia
|Occupation||Emergency physician, television personality|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
Charlotte Brown (m. 2012–2015)
Stork graduated magna cum laude as a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society from Duke University, and earned his medical degree with honors from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Alpha Omega Alpha. He thereafter began an emergency medicine residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
During his residency, Stork appeared on Season 8 of The Bachelor. During the season finale of the show, Stork chose schoolteacher Sarah Stone, who coincidentally lived only a few blocks away from his Nashville residence. However, only one week after the show's pre-taped finale aired, the couple announced that their relationship was already over. He completed his residency, then practiced medicine in the emergency departments at Vanderbilt and a hospital in Colorado.
Stork is a host on The Doctors, a Los Angeles-based daytime medical/talk show, beginning with its debut in September 2008 and continuing into its 10th season (2017–2018). On the show, Stork leads a panel of three other physicians from different fields (pediatrics, plastic surgery and obstetrics/gynecology) who discuss health issues and answer audience questions. The idea came from a series of segments that were featured on Dr. Phil, to which Stork was also a frequent contributor.
The show won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Informative in 2010.
A 2014 study in the British Medical Journal determined that "evidence supported 63%, contradicted 14%, and was not found for 24%" of recommendations made by the panel of doctors, and that "the public should be skeptical about recommendations made on medical talk shows."
Stork has published several books for the general public about health, which includes The Lean Belly Prescription and The Doctor's Diet, and both had made the New York Times Best Seller list in the "Advice, How-to & Miscellaneous" category.
Stork has said that his parents were Midwestern farmers and that he was the first doctor in his family. He married pediatrician Charlotte Brown on June 30, 2012. They divorced less than three years later on March 25, 2015.
- Paige Albiniak (April 29, 2014). "Meet the Original Doctors of 'The Doctors'". Variety. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Staff, Fox News Magazine. June 6, 2012 6 Lean Belly Tips from Dr. Stork
- Kate Belz for the Chatanooga Times Free Press, July 25, 2013. Host of 'The Doctors,' formerly of Vanderbilt, coming to She Expo
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski for Reality TV World. July 5, 2012 Former 'The Bachelor' Star Travis Stork Marries Dr. Charlotte Brown, realitytvworld.com; accessed March 8, 2017.
- Patricia Sheridan. Breakfast With ... Dr. Travis Stork, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 13, 2013.
- Melinda Carstensen for MediaPlanet: The Future of Healthcare. Making the Rounds with Dr. Travis Stork (page archived May 25, 2015).
- Brian Stelter. Grab the Remote, the Doctor's In, nytimes.com; accessed March 8, 2017.
- "'As the World Turns' tops Daytime Emmys". The Hollywood Reporter. New York City: Prometheus Global Media. Associated Press. June 27, 2010. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Koronyk, C.; et al. (December 17, 2014). "Televised medical talk shows—what they recommend and the evidence to support their recommendations: a prospective observational study". The British Medical Journal. doi:10.1136/bmj.g7346. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "Press Release: Dr. Travis Stork, co-host of TV Talk Show The Doctors, Joins Telehealth Leader MDLIVE as Chairman of its Medical Advisory Board".
- Web Archive of MDLIVE: Our Advisors Page archived March 2015
- WorldCat Stork, Travis Page accessed March 15, 2016
- New York Times Best Sellers. February 27, 2011 How to, Miscellaneous
- "Advice, How-to & Miscellaneous". The New York Times. January 26, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- The Doctors Star Travis Stork Married to Dr. Charlotte Brown Archived 2012-07-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kile, Meredith B. (January 27, 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Travis Stork Reveals the Most Unexpected Part of Being 'The Bachelor'". ET Online. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
| The Bachelor
Prince Lorenzo Borghese