||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Sections are full of one sentence paragraphs giving sections a list appearance (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 27, 1979
Paramus, New Jersey, U.S.
Spero Dedes (born February 27, 1979) is an American sportscaster. He is employed by CBS Sports, calling the NFL, college football and college basketball. In addition, he serves as a radio/TV play-by-play voice for the New York Knicks.
Early Career: WFAN, AFL, YES Network, NBA TV
Dedes began his career at WFAN in New York.
National Exposure: Olympics, Networks, Lakers, Super Bowl
From 2006 until 2011, Dedes worked for the NFL Network. His duties included studio hosting and play-by-play. In 2015, Dedes went back to his old stomping grounds by returning to NFL Network as a studio host. 
Full-Time at CBS and New York Knicks
In December 2009, Dedes joined CBS Sports full-time, calling regular season college basketball and the 2010 NCAA Tournament.
Jeremy Lin controversy
On February 17, 2012, Dedes used the phrase "Chink in the armor" on 1050 ESPN New York when referring to Knicks player Jeremy Lin, an Asian-American. While ESPN fired one employee and suspended another for using the same reference, Dedes was an employee of Madison Square Garden (MSG) and was not fired. He apologized and was disciplined by MSG.
- Marchand, Andrew (November 1, 2002). "THE FORDHAM FLASH: YES' DEDES GETS NETS' FILL-IN JOB – AT AGE 23". New York Post.
- Boren, Cindy (February 19, 2012). "ESPN fires employee for offensive Jeremy Lin headline; "SNL" weighs in". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 19, 2012.
- Collins, Scott (February 19, 2012). "Jeremy Lin and ESPN: Network rushes to quell furor over 'chink' comments". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on February 19, 2012.
- Spar, Jerry (February 20, 2012). "Mashup: Lin accepts ESPN apology for slur". WEEI.com (Entercom Boston). Archived from the original on February 21, 2012.
- "Knicks announcer Spero Dedes disciplined for using questionable phrase while covering Jeremy Lin". SportingNews.com. February 22, 2012. Archived from the original on February 22, 2012.