Tarrant County College
|Motto||Success Within Reach|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tarrant County College (TCC) or Tarrant County College District (TCCD) is a community college serving Fort Worth and other cities in Tarrant County, Texas, providing degree programs toward an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Science, an Associate of Applied Science, or an Associate of Arts in Teaching. As of 2008, the institution was ranked as the sixth largest in Texas among community colleges and universities with student enrollment for credit hours of 150,000. Five physical campuses, a virtual campus (TCC Connect) and a centralized office make up the TCC District.
Originally called Tarrant County Junior College (TCJC), the school began on July 31, 1965, after voters approved a bond election for the formation of a junior college district. In 1967, the South Campus was the first campus to open in south Fort Worth; in 1968, the Northeast Campus was built in Hurst. A third campus, Northwest, was added in 1976, in northwest Fort Worth. In 1996, the Southeast Campus was built in Arlington. The fifth, Trinity River Campus, opened in downtown Fort Worth fall of 2009. In 1999, the College District decided to drop the "Junior" from the college name.
- B W Aston, historian
- Charles Baker, actor
- Leon Bridges, musician
- Deborah Crombie, author
- Wendy Davis, politician
- Stephen Mosher, photographer
- Jonathan Stickland, businessman and politician
- Mack White, cartoonist
- Kelly Clarkson, singer, songwriter and winner of the first season of American Idol
- Post Malone, singer, songwriter, attended but did not graduate
- "Locations". Tarrant County College District. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- Texas Education Code, Section 130.201, "Tarrant County Junior College District Service Area".
- Prince of Monaco official biography http://www.palais.mc/monaco/palais-princier/english/h.s.h.-prince-albert-ii/biography/biography.391.html
- McGraw, D. (August 31, 2011). "Wendy Davis stuck her neck out for schoolkids". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- GQ (December 21, 2017). "Post Malone Goes Undercover on Twitter, Facebook, Quora, and Reddit". Actually Me. YouTube. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
I didn't go to Syracuse ... I went to Tarrant County College
- Tarrant County College Home Page
- Tarrant County College District Libraries
- Photos of Tarrant County College hosted by the Portal to Texas History
- View historic photos from Tarrant County College NE Heritage Room hosted by the Portal to Texas History