This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Urdu, Telugu English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 13|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hyderabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Karwan|
Toli chowki is a major suburb in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.. It is one of the over crowded areas of Hyderabad . The name Tolichowki comes from the Urdu word 'Toli', meaning 'troupe', and 'Chowki', meaning 'post'. During the period of Abul Hasan Tana Shah, the troops of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb Alamgir set a military position in this region, which is in the vicinity of the Golkonda Fort of the Qutub Shahi kingdom. Still today, there are many historical mosques, tombs and other monuments in the surrounding areas. It is close to the IT corridor like Gachibowli, Madhapur, Manikonda and Kondapur, hence making it a preferred residential for people working in the IT industry. The real estate sector has received a boost due to its proximity to high-end technology firms.
Hospitals (24/7 Emergency) & Clinics
- Apple Hospital
- Kabah Hospital
- Hayatt Maternity Hospital
- Candy Children's Hospital
There are many buses which connect to different parts of the city. There are buses from Toli Chowki to Mehdipatnam, Lakdi ka pul, Abids, Koti, Secunderabad (bus transfer in Mehdipatnam), Charminar (bus transfer in Mehdipatnam), Shaikpet, Hi-Tech City, Gachibowli, Patancheru and BHEL. Apart from public buses, Mini-taxis are also available from Toli Chowki.
According to GHMC, Tolichowki comes under Circle 7, Ward 70 List of Hyderabad Corporation wards#List of Zones.
- Bushra Baseerat (2011-06-04). "Techies build bright careers in drab Old City". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- A.Y.K. (2010-08-29). "FEATURES / DOWNTOWN : Tolichowki new destination for shoppers". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- K P Narayana Kumar (2001-11-01). "The road from Toli Chowki to Langar Houz". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-03.