Archive 1 (2005)
- 1 Nomination for deletion of Template:British North Borneo at the Commonwealth Games
- 2 Assessment
- 3 DYK for List of five-wicket hauls in women's Twenty20 International cricket
- 4 DYK for List of Big Bash League five-wicket hauls
- 5 DYK for Ian Moran (cricketer)
- 6 The Signpost: 17 January 2017
- 7 DYK for Ian Moran (cricketer)
- 8 Orphaned non-free image File:Australian International Shooting logo.jpg
- 9 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 10 DYK nomination of Sophie Molineux
- 11 The Signpost: 6 February 2017
- 12 DYK for Sophie Molineux
- 13 DYK for List of five-wicket hauls in women's One Day International cricket
- 14 DYK for Anisa Mohammed
Nomination for deletion of Template:British North Borneo at the Commonwealth Games
Template:British North Borneo at the Commonwealth Games has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Primefac (talk) 15:43, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello Ian, I see you assess a lot of cricket articles. For some reason, you seem to assess stubs as start class, even in very obvious cases. I don't know whether you just drop a template in from a collection of WikiProject options, or how this happens, but could you either please leave the class open, or assess according to what class it actually is? Schwede66 23:10, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
DYK for List of five-wicket hauls in women's Twenty20 International cricket
DYK for List of Big Bash League five-wicket hauls
DYK for Ian Moran (cricketer)
Hi, your hook for Ian Moran (cricketer) has been promoted to Prep 6 and an editor has expressed reservations about it at WT:DYK. You may want to comment there. Thanks, Yoninah (talk) 23:02, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Yoninah: Thanks for the notification. I have added my two cents to the discussion. – Ianblair23 (talk) 02:36, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 January 2017
- From the editor: Next steps for the Signpost
- News and notes: Surge in RFA promotions—a sign of lasting change?
- In the media: Year-end roundups, Wikipedia's 16th birthday, and more
- Featured content: One year ends, and another begins
- Arbitration report: Concluding 2016 and covering 2017's first two cases
- Traffic report: Out with the old, in with the new
- Technology report: Tech present, past, and future
- Recent research: Female Wikipedians aren't more likely to edit women biographies; Black Lives Matter in Wikipedia
DYK for Ian Moran (cricketer)
Orphaned non-free image File:Australian International Shooting logo.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Australian International Shooting logo.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:37, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Sophie Molineux
Hello! Your submission of Sophie Molineux at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! —Vensatry (talk) 07:06, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
The Signpost: 6 February 2017
- Arbitration report: WMF Legal and ArbCom weigh in on tension between disclosure requirements and user privacy
- In focus: WMF strategy consultant brings background in crisis reputation management; Team behind popular WMF software put "on pause"
- WikiProject report: For the birds!
- Technology report: Better PDFs, backup plans, and birthday wishes
- Traffic report: Cool It Now
- Featured content: Three weeks dominated by articles