- 1 Orphaned non-free image File:Bun Rany (2011).jpg
- 2 Norodom Sihanouk
- 3 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 4 Disputed non-free use rationale for File:Flag of FUNCINPEC.png
- 5 List of Naruto: Shippuden episodes (season 20)
- 6 Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Norodom Sihanouk/archive1
- 7 I have undone your cut-and-paste move
Orphaned non-free image File:Bun Rany (2011).jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Bun Rany (2011).jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Hi, concerning your edit at the above article, I am of the opinion that one image per section or sub-section would suffice, as per Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Images. There is no need to try to cram all images into the article, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having Wikimedia Commons in the first place. I also removed your last sentence on Sihanouk's longevity - it sounds like a reflection piece. Emphasis should be on stating facts, as per avoiding Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Words_to_watch#Editorializing. If you have any suggestions to improve the article in content or otherwise, please feel free to drop a message and provide suggestions or discuss, as I would also like to bring it to Wikipedia:Featured Article status in the near future, but more work remains to be done. Mr Tan (talk) 16:19, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, concerning your image replacement, I cannot understand why you suddenly replaced the picture in his PM box with the 1972 version. Just use the 1959 version, he serving as PM then and that picture would be more representative for the PM infobox. I hope you can read the Policies and Guidelines more carefully at Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Images#Pertinence_and_encyclopedic_nature, and checking your edit history I noted that you have made quite a number of edits that are not always very helpful to projecting accurate information. If you have any doubts or opinions about something, please feel free to drop me a message or at the talk page, and I will be happy to discuss.
- I am not against you editing or contributing to Wiki in the spirit of Wikipedia:Be bold. But the thing is, many of your edits (on Cambodian topics) are focused on image replacements, and addition of content that is not properly cited and leaning towards opinions. If you feel that a point needs to be removed, or image be replaced, I would appreciate if you can at least write some comments in the Help:Edit summary and justify your reasons in the talk pages. This includes previous image replacements at List of Prime Ministers of Cambodia and Cambodian general election, 2018 that I have also spotted. (For the 2018 election, I don't understand why you wanted to replace Ranariddh's 2014 image with the 1992 version, in spite of the fact that the 2014 image would portray his current age more accurately). Please take note, and take the effort to at least justify any ideas or changes you want to make. As I see it your editing pattern is currently borderline Wikipedia:Disruptive editing. Mr Tan (talk) 15:38, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:03, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Disputed non-free use rationale for File:Flag of FUNCINPEC.png
Thank you for uploading File:Flag of FUNCINPEC.png. However, there is a concern that the rationale provided for using this file on Wikipedia may not meet the criteria required by Wikipedia:Non-free content. This can be corrected by going to the file description page and adding or clarifying the reason why the file qualifies under this policy. Adding and completing one of the templates available from Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your file is in compliance with Wikipedia policy. Please be aware that a non-free use rationale is not the same as an image copyright tag; descriptions for files used under the non-free content policy require both a copyright tag and a non-free use rationale.
If it is determined that the file does not qualify under the non-free content policy, it might be deleted by an administrator within a few days in accordance with our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions, please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you. --Stefan2 (talk) 17:16, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of List of Naruto: Shippuden episodes (season 20), and it appears to include material copied directly from https://www.isnare.com/encyclopedia/List_of_Naruto:_Shippuden_episodes_(season_14).
It is possible that the bot was mistaken and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article. The article will be reviewed to determine if there are any copyright issues.
If substantial content is duplicated and it is not public domain or available under a compatible license, it will be deleted. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material. You may use such publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. See our copyright policy for further details. (If you own the copyright to the previously published content and wish to donate it, see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for the procedure.) CorenSearchBot (talk) 05:03, 12 February 2016 (UTC)
Hi, I have nominated the article, Norodom Sihanouk for FAC. One of the reviewers (User:Nikkimaria) have raised the issue that the Infobox Officeholder (the one on Sihanouk's Prime Minister's tenure and other political offices) is too long, and he/she felt that it should be removed, or somehow condense it. As I understand that you often visit the page, I thought I should inform you on this. Feel free to express your views on this at Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Norodom Sihanouk/archive1, if you have any on this. Mr Tan (talk) 11:41, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
I have undone your cut-and-paste move
Hi, and thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. It appears that you tried to give Doun Kaev District a different title by copying its content and pasting either the same content, or an edited version of it, into Doun Kaev. This is known as a "cut-and-paste move", and it is undesirable because it splits the page history, which is legally required for attribution. Instead, the software used by Wikipedia has a feature that allows pages to be moved to a new title together with their edit history.
In most cases, once your account is four days old and has ten edits, you should be able to move an article yourself using the "Move" tab at the top of the page (the tab may be hidden in a dropdown menu for you). This both preserves the page history intact and automatically creates a redirect from the old title to the new. If you cannot perform a particular page move yourself this way (e.g. because a page already exists at the target title), please follow the instructions at requested moves to have it moved by someone else. Also, if there are any other pages that you moved by copying and pasting, even if it was a long time ago, please list them at Wikipedia:Requests for history merge. Thank you. — Diannaa (talk) 20:00, 24 July 2016 (UTC)