Vitória da Conquista Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Pedro Otacílio Figueiredo Airport
Aeroporto Pedro Otacílio Figueiredo
|Serves||Vitória da Conquista|
|Elevation AMSL||915 m / 2,998 ft|
It is operated by Socicam.
The airport has been operated by Socicam since 2008.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Belo Horizonte-Confins, Salvador da Bahia|
|Passaredo Linhas Aéreas||Brasília, Salvador da Bahia, São Paulo-Guarulhos|
Accidents and incidents
- 6 March 1955: a Real Transportes Aéreos Douglas DC-3/C-53-D-DO registration PP-YPZ crashed during approach to land at Vitória da Conquista. The landing gear was lowered but the undercarriage did not lock. The pilot made an overshoot and during a turn to the left the aircraft struck a pole, crashed and caught fire. Of the 21 passengers and crew aboard, 5 died.
- 9 October 1985: a Nordeste Embraer EMB110C Bandeirante registration PT-GKA operating a cargo flight from Vitória da Conquista to Salvador da Bahia crashed during initial climb from Vitória da Conquista after flying unusually low. The two crew members died.
- 25 August 2010: Flight 2231, operated by an Embraer ERJ-145, crashed on approach to Vitória da Conquista. The plane landed short of the runway and the crew lost control, resulting in the aircraft sustaining severe damage before coming to a stop away from the runway. Two of the 27 people on board were injured. The airline said the plane was unable to lower landing gear, although observers said the landing gear was lowered while the aircraft was landing.
The airport is located 3 km (2 mi) from downtown Vitória da Conquista.
- "Vitória da Conquista Airport Information". World Aero Data.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Accident description PP-YPZ". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- "Accident description PT-GKA". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Accident: Passaredo E145 at Vitoria da Conquista on Aug 25th 2010, landed short of runway". The Aviation Herald. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2010.