|Broadcast area||Louisville, Kentucky|
|First air date||1992 (as WEHR)|
|Former callsigns||WZQE (1991-1992, CP)|
|Owner||Alpha Media |
(Alpha Media Licensee LLC)
|Sister stations||WDJX, WGZB, WMJM, WXMA|
WGHL is a commercial radio station located in Shepherdsville, Kentucky, broadcasting to the Louisville, Kentucky area on 105.1 FM. The station's studios are located in downtown Louisville and the transmitter site is in Jefferson Memorial Forest on the southern edge of Louisville/Jefferson County proper.
105.1 FM signed on in 1992 as Hot AC-formatted WEHR. It flipped to Christian music as WXLN in June 1996. In February 2000, the station flipped to active rock as "LRS 105", WLRS. Those call letters were formerly found on 102.3 FM from 1964 until 1999. (For more on the history of the original WLRS, see WXMA.) On July 15, 2009, WLRS changed formats to "FM TALK" and featured the Mancow radio show in the morning.
On November 1, 2012, WLRS dropped its talk format and began stunting with Christmas music, and branded as "Christmas 105.1". On Christmas Eve 2012, WLRS flipped to "Easy Rock 105.1" with a soft AC/oldies format. On January 30, 2013, WLRS changed their call letters to WESI, to go with the "Easy Rock 105.1" branding.
On August 31, 2018, WGHL changed their format to alternative rock, branded as "Alt 105.1". 
- FM Talk 105.1 Louisville Shifts to Christmas
- WGHL Quickly Drops Classic Hits for Classic Hip Hop
- Old School 105.1 Louisville Rebrands as G105.1
- Alpha Media Launches Alt 105.1 Louisville While Shifting magic 101.3 to Classic Hip Hop Radioinsight - August 31, 2018
- "Alpha-L&L Merger Complete, Purchase Of Main Line Stations Closes". AllAccess.com.com. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WGHL
- Radio-Locator information on WGHL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WGHL
|This Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|