Wawasan Open University
|Location||Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia|
|Colours||Light Green, and Dark Green|
WOU aims to maintain the highest institutional standards and achieved a Tier-5 or "Excellent" rating by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in the SETARA local university ranking exercise. All WOU programmes are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and approved by the MOE.
Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer
Professor Dato’ Dr Ho Sinn Chye is the third Vice-Chancellor of Wawasan Open University (WOU), having taken office on 1 October 2012.
The former Chief Justice of Malaysia, Tun Mohamed Dzaiddin Abdullah, a former Chief Justice of Malaysia, was formally installed as the 3rd Chancellor of Wawasan Open University (WOU) on 7 December 2013.
There are four schools and two centres under Wawasan Open University:
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Education, Languages and Communications
- School of Business and Administration
- School of Foundation and Liberal Studies
- Centre for Graduate Studies
- Centre for Professional Development and Continuing Education (PACE)
- "Full Members of Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU)". Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Members of International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)". International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Third Vice Chancellor of Wawasan Open University".
- "3rd Chancellor of Wawasan Open University".