|Joint Venture (Halliburton International, 51%; Shell Technology Ventures (49%)|
|Industry||Oil well equipment and services|
|Founded||2001 (previously known as Petroleum Engineering Services, founded in 1986)|
|Headquarters||Spring, Texas, USA|
|Derek Mathieson, President and CEO
Larry Kinch, Chairman of PES International Ltd
|Products||Intelligent well completion technology|
Number of employees
|Approximately 490 (2008)|
WellDynamics, a division of Halliburton, is a manufacturer of intelligent completion technology to the upstream oil industry. The company’s SmartWell technology, introduced in 1997, was the industry’s first intelligent well completion system.
Intelligent completion technology is designed to optimize well, production and reservoir management processes by enabling operators to remotely monitor and control well inflow or injection downhole, at the reservoir, without physical intervention. Intelligent completions consist of some combination of flow control and zonal isolation devices (typically interval control valves and packers), permanent downhole gauges, downhole control systems, digital infrastructure and fiber optic systems.
On July 1, 2008, Halliburton acquired 100% of the stake in WellDynamics, Inc from Shell Technology Ventures.
- StatoilHydro awards Halliburton and WellDynamics nearly $900 million in contracts for services on Norwegian Continental Shelf
- WellDynamics Installs First SmartWell Intelligent Completion in Agbami Field, Offshore Nigeria
- StatoilHydro Awards WellDynamics Norge a.s. Two Frame Agreements
- Offshore Technology - WellDynamics - Leading Provider of Intelligent Completion Technology
- WellDynamics Corporate Website - www.welldynamics.com
- HALLIBURTON ACQUIRES 100 PERCENT OF WELLDYNAMICS
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|