|WikiProject Sociology||Project talk||Participants||Task force||Assessment||To do||Article lists & tools||Popular pages||Peer review||Templates||Category tree|
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians.
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included. But a biography of a famous person who has not directly contributed to sociology, even if s/he is mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi) should not be included.
- For further information, please see the 'Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω =16,233||Ω = 4.81|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
- Articles for deletion
- 20 Oct 2016 – Danielle Bleitrach was AfDed by Swpb (t · c); see discussion (6 participants)
- 14 Oct 2016 – Comparative Technology Transfer and Society was AfDed by Randykitty (t · c); see discussion (2 participants)
- Proposed deletions
- 19 Oct 2016 – Danielle Bleitrach PRODed by Swpb (t · c) was deproded by Espresso Addict (t · c) on 20 Oct 2016
- Redirects for discussion
- 13 Oct 2016 – Barbarity →Barbarian was RfDed by SimonTrew (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Oct 2016 – Barbarous →Barbarian was RfDed by SimonTrew (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Oct 2016 – Digital Highway →Internet was RfDed by Champion (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Oct 2016 – List of cults →List of new religious movements was RfDed by Champion (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Oct 2016 – Misuse of the Internet →Internet RfDed by Champion (t · c) was closed; see discussion
- 13 Oct 2016 – The Way the Internet is used or abused →Internet RfDed by Champion (t · c) was closed; see discussion
- Good article nominees
- 14 Oct 2016 – Black Lives Matter was GA nominated by Jumplike23 (t · c); start discussion
- 11 Sep 2016 – Western European colonialism and colonization was GA nominated by Crcarey (t · c); start discussion
- Requests for comments
- 15 Oct 2016 – Red Shirts (Southern United States) has an RfC by KAvin (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Oct 2016 – Category:Culture by city has an RfC by Bearcat (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Oct 2016 – Panopticism has an RfC by A35821361 (t · c); see discussion
- Peer reviews
- 09 Sep 2016 – Racial wage gap in the United States has been put up for PR by Lbertolotti (t · c); see discussion
- 05 Sep 2016 – M. P. T. Acharya has been put up for PR by Rueben lys (t · c); see discussion
- Requested moves
- 22 Oct 2016 – Gender bias on Wikipedia is requested to be moved by TheDracologist (t · c); see discussion
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
|How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand|
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.