|Broadcast area||United Kingdom|
|First air date||1 June 2009|
|Format||new unsigned music|
|Wikinews has related news: An interview with Paul Campbell, founder of Amazing Radio UK|
Amazing Radio is an international radio station first broadcast originally on digital radio in the United Kingdom. The station plays new music from a number of music genres including pop, rock, indie, hip hop, electronica and jazz. The station originally broadcast on the Digital One ensemble which replaced the temporary Birdsong test transmission which had been running for a year and a half beforehand. The station discontinued its DAB presence in 2012 to become an Internet only radio station.
Chris Martin: Presents Amazing Breakfast with Chris Martin every weekday between 7am and 10am. He joined the station in 2011 after a successful stint on NME Radio and still DJs regularly for Propaganda.
Charlie Ashcroft: Presents Audition every Monday between 1pm and 3pm, and every Saturday between 4pm and 6pm, to showcase the best new and emerging music from amazingtunes.com. Charlie is also a music journalist for Artrocker (magazine) and This Is Fake DIY.
Jim Gellatly: Presents a self-titled show every Sunday between 2pm and 4pm, repeated every Wednesday between 10pm and midnight. He is renowned for unearthing new musical talent in Scotland, and he often features guests on his show, from established artists to newcomers and music industry insiders. He also writes a regular new music column for The Scottish Sun.
Mark Ryan: Presents Amazing Beats every Friday between 7pm and 12am, where you can expect to hear a whole range of music genres, including down tempo electronica, house, techno, dubstep, and drum and bass.
Colin Greaves and Matt Horne: Present The Saturday Show every Saturday between 9am and 12pm, providing light-hearted features and hilarious banter. Previously, they produced and presented an award-nominated podcast 'The Colin and Matt Show'
Aaron Phillips: Presents Amazing Rock Show every Saturday between 8pm and 10pm, repeated every Tuesday between 10pm and midnight, featuring a selection of rock music from the amazingtunes.com website, from thrash metal through to indie.
Simon Raymonde: Presents his self-titled show every Monday between 7pm and 9pm, repeated every Friday between 1pm and 3pm, featuring a selection of the best new and emerging music from the amazingtunes.com website. He is best known for being a part of the band Cocteau Twins and for being the founder of independent record label Bella Union.
Gill Mills: Presents her self-titled show every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 7pm and 9pm. The show features indie, electro and rock music from the amazingtunes.com website, including her handpicked selections from The Amazing Chart and the new uploads to amazingtunes.com.
Paul Lester: Presents The Paul Lester Show every Thursday between 1pm and 3pm. Paul is best known as the writer of The Guardian's renowned New Band of the Day and the show features Paul's picks from amazingtunes.com.
Dani Charlton: Presents her self-titled show every Saturday between 1pm and 3pm. The show takes music from amazingtunes.com that is both strange and stupendous in equal measure. The last 30 minutes of each show is based on a theme selected each week by the listener.
Ruth Barnes: Presents The Other Woman every Sunday between 7pm and 9pm. The show is an extension of Ruth's unique blog and new music podcast The Other Woman which features female artists and bands fronted by women exclusively. All of the music for the show is taken from amazingtunes.com.
Mike Taylor: Presents his self-titled show every Thursday evening between 10pm and 12am. Mike was the first American presenter on Amazing Radio. All of the music for the show is taken from amazingtunes.com.
Tobi: Presents The Amazing Happy Hour with Tobi every Saturday between 6pm and 8pm. Tobi is the second and newest American presenter on the station. The music on the show is taken from amazingtunes.com.
The Zings 
The Zings 2012 was held on Saturday 18 February 2012 on The Saturday Show. It was the 1st edition of the annual new and emerging music awards. The winners were announced live on Amazing Radio in Gateshead. The artist with the most awards won was Daughter, with two wins. The awards were billed as an alternative of the BRIT Awards format. A mock ceremony was staged, in which the winners were perceived to be announced in front of an audience, featuring the presenters who curated their category and acceptance speeches from some of the winners.
|Best British Male Solo Artist (curated by Chris Martin)||Best British Female Solo Artist (curated by Ruth Barnes)|
|Best British Breakthrough Act (curated by Charlie Ashcroft)||Best International Breakthrough Act (curated by Jim Gellatly)|
|Best British Group||Best British Single (curated by Georgie Rogers)|
|Best International Act (curated by Greg Porter)||Best British Rock Act (curated by Aaron Phillips)|
|Best British Producer (curated by Mark Ryan)|
- "Amazing - a new DAB station". Radio Today. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Barnett, Emma (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio launches on DAB, promoting unsigned talent". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 7 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Birdsong radio taken off the air". BBC News. 2009-06-01. Archived from the original on 1 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Welsh, James (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio replaces birdsong". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Plunkett, John (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio gives voice to unsigned bands – but silences birdsong channel". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 12 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- McCabe, Maisie (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio launches on DAB". Brand Republic. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Amazing Breakfast". Amazing Radio.
- "Chris Martin". Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing Afternoons". Amazing Radio.
- "Audition". Amazing Radio.
- "Jim Gellatly". Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing Beats". Amazing Radio.
- "The Saturday Show". Amazing Radio.
- "4Talent Awards". 4Talent magazine.
- "The Colin and Matt Show".
- "Amazing Rock Show". Amazing Radio.
- "Simon Raymonde". Amazing Radio.
- "The Gill Mills Show". Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing Chill". Amazing Radio.
- "The Guardian New Band of the Day". The Guardian.
- "The Paul Lester Show". Amazing Radio.
- "Dani Charlton". Amazing Radio.
- "The Other Woman with Ruth Barnes". Amazing Radio.
- "Mike Taylor". Amazing Radio.
- "The Amazing Happy Hour with Tobi". Amazing Radio.
- "The Zings! Winners announced". Amazing Radio. 2012-02-18.