|City of license||Gateshead, UK|
|Broadcast area||Worldwide: DAB, online|
|First air date||1 June 2009|
|Format||New & Emerging Artists|
|Wikinews has related news: An interview with Paul Campbell, founder of Amazing Radio UK|
Amazing Radio is an international radio station first broadcast originally on digital radio in the United Kingdom. The station plays new music from a number of music genres including pop, rock, indie, hip hop, electronica and jazz. The station originally broadcast on the Digital One ensemble which replaced the temporary Birdsong test transmission which had been running for a year and a half beforehand. The station discontinued its DAB presence in 2012 to become an Internet only radio station., but has since returned to DAB in London and Dublin.
The station slogan is "You Heard It Here First". Artists to have been played extensively by the station since their earliest recordings include Bastlle, Tom Odell, Haim, The 1975, Chvrches and London Grammar.
- Chris Martin joined the station in 2011 after a successful stint on NME Radio and still DJs regularly for Propaganda.
- Scott McGerty Presents a self-titled show every weekday and the Amazing Chart on Sunday.
- Greg Porter was previously part of 'The Greg and Burtt Show' on the station, however Porter returned to Amazing Radio after appearing on Spark FM with Amazing Afternoons with Greg Porter.
- Charlie Ashcroft presents Audition every Monday to showcase the best new and emerging music. Charlie is also a music journalist for Artrocker (magazine) and This Is Fake DIY.
- Jim Gellatly presents a self-titled show every Sunday. He is renowned for unearthing new musical talent in Scotland, and he often features guests on his show, from established artists to newcomers and music industry insiders. He also writes a regular new music column for The Scottish Sun.
- Mark Ryan presents Amazing Beats where you can expect to hear a whole range of music genres, including down tempo electronica, house, techno, dubstep, and drum and bass.
- Aaron Phillips presents Amazing Rock Show featuring a selection of rock music, from thrash metal through to indie.
- Simon Raymonde presents his self-titled show every Monday. He is best known for being a part of the band Cocteau Twins and for being the founder of independent record label Bella Union.
- Gill Mills presents her self-titled show every Wednesday featuring indie, electro and rock music.
- Paul Lester presents The Paul Lester Show every Saturday. Paul is best known as the writer of The Guardian's renowned New Band of the Day.
- Dani Charlton presents her self-titled show from Tuesday to Friday. The last 30 minutes of each show is based on a theme selected each week by the listener.
- Ruth Barnes presents The Other Woman every Saturday. The show is an extension of Ruth's blog and new music podcast The Other Woman.
- Mike Taylor presents his self-titled show every Thursday evening. Mike was the first USA presenter on Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing - a new DAB station". Radio Today. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Barnett, Emma (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio launches on DAB, promoting unsigned talent". London: The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 7 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Birdsong radio taken off the air". BBC News. 2009-06-01. Archived from the original on 1 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Welsh, James (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio replaces birdsong". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Plunkett, John (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio gives voice to unsigned bands – but silences birdsong channel". London: The Guardian. Archived from the original on 12 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- McCabe, Maisie (2009-06-01). "Amazing Radio launches on DAB". Brand Republic. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Audition". Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing Beats". Amazing Radio.
- "Amazing Rock Show". Amazing Radio.
- "Simon Raymonde". Amazing Radio.
- "The Gill Mills Show". Amazing Radio.
- "The Guardian New Band of the Day". London: The Guardian. 1 August 2008.
- "Dani Charlton". Amazing Radio.
- "The Other Woman with Ruth Barnes". Amazing Radio.
- "Mike Taylor". Amazing Radio.