10 June 1960 |
Madras, Madras State, India
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, India|
Nata SimhaYuga Star, Yuva Ratna, NBK, Narasimha, Balayya, Balayya Babu, Nata Simham
|Alma mater||Nizam College, Hyderabad|
|Years active||1974 – 1980 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Vasundhara Devi (m. 1982)|
Nandamuri Balakrishna (born 10 June 1960) is an Indian film actor and politician, who works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is the sixth son of Telugu matinee idol and former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. T. Rama Rao. He entered the film industry as a child artist at the age of 14 with the film Tatamma Kala. In the mid-1980s, he graduated to acting in the lead role and soon became one of the sought after actors in Telugu cinema. As of 2013, In his film career, spanning thirty nine years, he has acted in ninety eight films, in a variety of roles.
He has won two Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Awards and one Filmfare Award in his entire film career. He was the guest of honour at the 43rd International Film Festival of India. He is actively involved in politics and is a member of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founded by his father. He is also the chairman of the trust board of his father's cancer hospital, The Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, based in Hyderabad, India.
Early life and family
Balakrishna was born in Chennai, to veteran Telugu actor and three-time former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. T. Rama Rao and his wife Basava Tarakam, of the Nandamuri Family. As the Telugu film industry was based in Madras at the time, he spent his entire childhood in Madras. During his adolescence, he moved to Hyderabad following the shifting of the Telugu film industry to that city. He earned a bachelors degree in commerce from Nizam College in Hyderabad.
In 1982, at the age of 22, Balakrishna married Vasundhara Devi.born at kakinada, daughter of srmt owner They have 2 daughters, Brahmani and Tejaswini, and a son, Taraka Rama Mokshagna Teja. His elder daughter Brahmani is an alumnus of Santa Clara University and Stanford University. She is married to her cousin Nara Lokesh, the son of TDP president and former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu. It is rumoured that his son Mokshagna Teja will make his film debut in 2014.
In 1974, he acted as a child artist in Tatamma Kala which was directed by NTR. Over a period of time he acted in several films, many of them were directed by NTR. Out of which Dana Veera Soora Karna, Srimadvirataparvam, Akbar Saleem Anarkali and Sri Tirupati Venkateswara Kalyanam became memorable films in his film career. His roles as Abhimanyu in Dana Veera Soora Karna, Srimadvirataparvam and saleem in Akbar Saleem Anarkali, saint Narada In Sri Tirupati Venkateswara Kalyanam are highly praised. At the age of 16, Balakrishna acted in a movie titled Annadammula Anubandham, a remake of Dharmendra's Hindi movie Yaadon Ki Baaraat. After watching this movie, other legend of Tollywood Akkineni Nagewara Rao commented that 'Simham kadupuna Sihame puttindi'. In this film, Balakrishna appeared in brother role to his real life father Swargiya NTR. Balakrishna appeared as son to his real life brother Harikrishna in the movie Dana Veera Sura Karna. In 1984 he debuted in a hero role with Sahasame Jeevitham. Even though BalaKrishna acted in several films named as N.T. Rama Rao son, later his hard work, discipline, talent and dedication made him stand in the industry and to win the hearts of crores of fans. He then starred in a drama film Mangammagari Manavadu (1984) alongside Bhanumathi, Suhasini directed by Kodi Ramakrishna. The film was a Block Buster at the box-office. In the same year, he acted in Kathanayakudu and in Biographical film Shrimad Virat Veerabrahmendra Swami Charitra. Both the films were hits at the Box-office. Again his role as Siddhappa in Shrimad Virat Veerabrahmendra Swami Charitra is critically praised. This movie was directed by his father NTR. In the year 1985, he acted with Akkineni Nageswara Rao in the film Bharya Bhartala Bandam alongside rajani, which is a moderate success. In the year 1986, he acted in hit movies like Muddula Krishnnayya, Seetarama Kalyanam, Anasuyamma Gari Alludu and Desoddarakudu which gradually increased his potential at boxoffice.
Commercial stardom (1987–1999)
In 1987, he acted in a dual role in the film Apurva Sahodarudu directed by K. Raghavendra Rao, was a box-office success. This year he had six super hit films in a row. In the same year, he starred in Presidentugari Abbai directed by Tatineni Rama Rao and Muvva Gopaludu by Kodi Ramakrishna were biggest hits of the year. Bhargava Ramudu, which is made from a novel, alongside vijayashanti is success at the box office. His other films like Inspector Pratap, Bharatamlo Bala Chandrudu, Tiragabadda Telugubidda, Rakthabhisekham were also critically and commercially successful at the boxoffice. In 1989, he paired with Vijaya Shanti in Muddula Mavayya directed Kodi Ramakrishna. The film was a blockbuster at the box-office. Bhale Donga alongside Vijayasanthi and sharada was also success at the boxoffice. In 1990, he acted in Nari Nari Naduma Murari directed by A. Kodandarami Reddy alongside Shobana and Nirosha. The film was a box-office success. In the same year he appeared in B. Gopal's Lorry Driver opposite Vijaya Shanti; the film was a Superhit at the box-office. Talli Tandrulu alongside vijayasanthi was again a success at the boxoffice.
In 1991, he acted in another blockbuster science fiction film Aditya 369 directed by Singeetam Srinivasa Rao. The film is about a time machine that goes into the past and the future. And now they are trying to remake it again This is the only science fiction film in Telugu cinema, during that period of time. He then had two releases in 1992 Dharma Kshetram was a disappointment and Rowdy Inspector directed by B. Gopal, was a "Super Hit" at the box-office. In the year 1993, balakrishna had two releases on the same day which are Nippu Ravva alongside Shobana and Vijaya Shanti directed by A. Kodandarami Reddy and Bangaru Bullodu alongside Raveena Tandon and Ramya Krishna directed by Ravi Raja Pinisetty, out of which "Bangaru Bullodu" was a hit. His next appearance was a folk role in Bhairava Dweepam (1994) directed by Singeetam Srinivasa Rao. The film was a critical and commercial success and one of the milestone of his acting career. In Brahmarshi Viswamitra, directed by his father, he played as Satya Harischandra and Dushyanta. Between 1994–1999, he acted in super hit movies like Bobbili Simham, Vamsanikokkadu, Peddannayya and moderate successes like Muddula Mogudu, Maatho Pettukoku, Yuvaratna Rana and Pavitra Prema. In the year 1999, he acted in B. Gopal's action film Samarasimha Reddy opposite Simran and Anjala Zhaveri. The film went on to become one of the biggest hits of Telugu cinema of its time.
Recent work (2000–present)
In 2000, Balakrishna acted in Goppinti Alludu directed by E V V Satyanarayana with Simran. The film was a hit at the box office. In 2001, he starred in B. Gopal's directed faction film Narasimha Naidu opposite Simran. The film broke several box office records and it completed 100 days in as many as 109 centres in the state and neighbouring states and silver jubilee in a record 17 centre. He won his first Nandi Award for Best Actor for his performance. In the same year, he appeared in Bhalevadivi Basu with Shilpa Shetty, Anjala Zhaveri which opened to average reviews. His 2002 and 2003 films include Seema Simham, Chennakeshava Reddy neither of which were well received, but the later one did an average business at the box office. In 2004, he performed in a remake of the 2003 Tamil hit Saamy titled Lakshmi Narasimha with Asin Thottumkal. The film and Balakrishna's performance won critical acclaim and was a box office hit.
The years from 2005 to 2008 saw a lull in Balayya's career. Action-drama flicks such as Vijayendra Varma, Veerabhadra, Allari Pidugu, Okka Magadu and Maharadhi bombed at the box office. Balakrishna paired with Sneha and Tabu in the mythological movie Panduranga (2008) directed by K. Raghavendra Rao. He played the dual roles of Krishna and Panduranga. Rediff described his performance as "Balakrishna does justice to both the roles of God and Ranga. He shines in the climax of the movie. It's quite a task to step into NTR's shoes but his son has done pretty well, though one does miss NTR in the role of Krishna!". The film was an average success and his performance won him the Santosham Best Actor Award. In the year 2009, he starred in family drama Mithrudu alongside Priyamani in a slightly different role – that of a dependable friend and confidante to the female lead. The film opened to average reviews.
In 2010, he acted in Boyapati Srinu's film Simha alongside Nayantara and Sneha Ullal. NBK played dual roles as father and son. The film opened to positive reviews, and went on to became one of the highest grossing film of the year. A review in Rediff said about his performance "Balakrishna has put in a restrained performance. Though his character is supposed to roar at times, he seems subdued most of the time. But he's given plenty to be pleased about as it is his show all the way." In 2011 he acted in a mythological film Sri Rama Rajyam based on the epic Ramayana.
International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
The Goa Governor, Mr B V Wanchoo, the Chief Minister Mr Manohar Parrikar and well-known actor of Telugu films, Nandamuri Balakrishna are seen along with award winners and other dignitaries at closing ceremony of the 43rd edition of the IFFI on Friday.
The well-known actor of Telugu films, Nandamuri Balakrishna, who was the chief guest at the event, presented the award to the director of the film, Gurvinder Singh and its producer, the National Films Development Corporation.
Earlier, Balakrishna, in his speech, said that although Telugu film industry finds no place in the film festival by way of representation to its films, 80 per cent of the movies that are produced in India are in regional languages, out of which 50 per cent are from South India. "Today, film industry is facing competition from radio, and television as also from piracy," the South Indian superstar stated. He also maintained that the film festivals have enlarged his vision towards his career.
Article on National Geographic
While shooting SrimanNarayana movie in Switzerland with cast Nandamuri Balakrishna and Ishachawla the National Geopgraphic Traveler Andrew Evans,wrote an article named "Dream Sequence" about the dance sequence on hero and heroine, and he wrote discussions happened with cast and Rengarajan Jaiprakash regarding films and Swiss.
Film actor and TDP leader Nandamuri Balakrishna has announced that he will soon set up the Nandamuri Balakrishna (NBK) Seva Samiti to complement the service activities taken up by the NTR Memorial Trust.
Inaugurating a mineral water plant set up by the NTR Memorial Trust at his father NT Rama Rao’s birthplace, Nimmakuru, in Krishna district on Saturday, Balakrishna recalled that his father had offered a clean governance in the state. He also said that the NTR Trust was taking up several service activities and that he would like to extend more services by setting up the NBK Seva Samiti with the support of his fans. “My fans would offer services during the natural calamities and disasters” he added.
Balakrishna performed the puja at Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple in the village on the occasion of Vaikunta Ekadasi. Later, he garlanded the statues of his parents late NT Rama Rao and Basavatharakam.
Balakrishna also interacted with local TDP leaders. His visit assumed some political importance as he had, on an earlier occasion, announced that he would contest the Assembly elections if the party so desired.
- Nandi Award for Best Actor – Narasimha Naidu (2001)
- Nandi Award for Best Actor – Simha (2010)
- Santosham Best Actor Award – Pandurangadu
- Santosham Best Actor Award – Simha
- Santosham Best Actor Award – Sri Rama Rajyam
- TSR-TV9 Film Awards
- Best Actor Award for the year 2010 – Male – Simha
- Best Actor Award for the year 2011 – Male – Sri Rama Rajyam
- Other Awards
- Award for Best Child Actor - Thathamma Kala
- Samman Award - Highest taxpayer in the charge of Commissioner of Income Tax.
- Bharata Muni award for Best Actor of the year 2009 – Pandurangadu
- Bharata Muni award Best Actor of the year 2010 – Simha
- Bharata Muni award Best Actor of the year 2011 – Sri Rama Rajyam
- A.P. CINE Goers Association Best Actor Award – Narasimha Naidu Chennakesava Reddy and Pandurangadu.
- Akkineni Abhinaya Puraskaram for the year 2007
|SNo||Movie Name||Year of Release||Language||Banner||Director||Notes|
|1||Tatamma Kala||1974||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||Dasari Yoganand|
|2||Ram Raheem||1974||Telugu||RajaLakshmi Combines||BA Subba Rao|
|3||Annadammula Anubhandam||1975||Telugu||GajaLakshmi Chitra||SD Lal|
|4||Vemulawada Bheemakavi||1975||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||D Yoganand|
|5||Daana Veera Soora Karna||1977||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||N.T. Rama Rao|
|6||Akbar Salim Anarkali||1979||Telugu||Tarakarama Film Unit||N.T. Rama Rao|
|7||Sri Madvirata Parvam||1979||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||N.T. Rama Rao|
|8||Sri Tirupati Venkateswara Kalyanam||1979||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||N.T. Rama Rao|
|9||Rowdy Ramudu – Konte Krishnudu||1980||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|10||Anuraga Devatha||1982||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||Tatineni Rama Rao|
|11||Simham Navvindi||1983||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||D. Yoganand|
|12||Sahasame Jeevitham||1984||Telugu||GajaLakshmi Combines||Bharati-Vasu|
|13||Disco King||1984||Telugu||Sri Vishnu Films||Tatineni Prasad||Remake of Hindi film Disco Dancer|
|14||Janani Janmabhoomi||1984||Telugu||Sri Bramharambika Films||K. Vishwanath|
|15||Mangammagari Manavadu||1984||Telugu||Bhargav Art Productions||Kodi Ramakrishna||Remake of Mann Vasanai|
|16||Palnati Puli||1984||Telugu||Sri Sai Chakra Productions||Tatineni Prasad|
|17||Shrimad Virat Veerabrahmendra Swami Charitra||1984||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||N.T. Rama Rao|
|18||Kathanayakudu||1984||Telugu||Suresh Productions||K Murali Mohana Rao|
|19||Atmabhalam||1985||Telugu||Sravallu Productions||Tatineni Prasad||Remake of Karz|
|20||Babai – Abbai||1985||Telugu||Ushodaya Movies||Jandhyala|
|21||Bharyabhartala Bhandam||1985||Telugu||Jagapathi Art Pictures||VB Rajendra Prasad|
|22||Bhale Tammudu||1985||Telugu||Sri Satya Chitra||Paruchuri Brothers|
|23||Kattula Kondaiah||1985||Telugu||Prasanna Arts||SB Chakravarthy|
|24||Pattabhishekam||1985||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|25||Nippulanti Manishi||1986||Telugu||Sri RajaLakshmi Art Pictures||SB Chakravarthy||Remake of Qayamat|
|26||Muddula Krishnnayya||1986||Telugu||Bhargav Art Productions||Kodi Rama Krishna|
|27||Seetarama Kalyalam||1986||Telugu||Yuva Chitra||Jandhyala|
|28||Anasuyammagari Alludu||1986||Telugu||Ramakrishna Studios||A. Kodandarami Reddy|
|29||Desoddarakudu||1986||Telugu||VijayaBhaskar Film Productions||SS Ravi Chandra|
|30||Kaliyuga Krishnudu||1986||Telugu||Viswashanthi Enterprises||K Muralimohana Rao|
|31||Apurva Sahodarudu||1986||Telugu||RK Associates||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|32||Bhargava Ramudu||1987||Telugu||Devi Kamal Movies||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|33||Ramu||1987||Telugu||Suresh Productions||Y. Nageswara Rao|
|34||Allari Krishnaiah||1987||Telugu||Vanitha Arts||Nandamuri Ramesh|
|35||Sahasa Samrat||1987||Telugu||Devi Kamal Movies||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|36||Presidentugari Abbai||1987||Telugu||Prasad Art Pictures||Y Nageswara Rao|
|37||Muvva Gopaludu||1987||Telugu||Bhargav Art Pictures||Kodi Rama Krishna|
|38||Bhanumatgari Mogudu||1987||Telugu||DVS Enterprises||Y Nageswara Rao|
|39||Inspector Pratap||1988||Telugu||Krishna Chitra||Muthyala Subbaiah|
|40||Donga Ramudu||1988||Telugu||Gopi Art Pictures||K Raghavendra Rao|
|41||Tiragabadda Telugubidda||1988||Telugu||Tejaswi Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|42||Bharatamlo Bala Chandrudu||1988||Telugu||Jayabheri Arts||Kodi Rama Krishna|
|43||Ramudu Bheemudu||1988||Telugu||Satyam Cine Enterprizes||K Muralimohana Rao|
|44||Raktabhishekam||1988||Telugu||Rajeev Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|45||Bhale Donga||1989||Telugu||Taraka Rama Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|46||Muddula Mavayya||1989||Telugu||Bhargav Art Productions||Kodi Rama Krishna||Remake of En Thangachi Padichava|
|47||Ashoka Chakravarthy||1989||Telugu||Sri Venkateswara Art Productions||SS Ravi Chandra||Remake of Malayalam film Aryan|
|48||Bala Gopaludu||1989||Telugu||PB Art Productions||Kodi Rama Krishna|
|49||Prananiki Pranam||1990||Telugu||Harish Enterprizes||Chalasani Rama Rao|
|50||Nari Nari Naduma Murari||1990||Telugu||Yuva Chitra||A. kodandarami Reddy|
|51||Muddula Menalludu||1990||Telugu||Bhargav Art Productions||Kodi Ramakrishna|
|52||Lorry Driver||1990||Telugu||Jaya Productions||B. Gopal|
|53||Talli Tandrulu||1991||Telugu||Prasad Art Pictures||Tatineni Rama Rao|
|54||Brahmashri Vishwamitra||1991||Telugu||Basava Tarakam Medical Trust||N.T. Rama Rao|
|55||Aditya 369||1991||Telugu||Sri Devi Movies||Singeetam Srinivasa Rao|
|56||Dharma Kshetram||1992||Telugu||Sri Rajeev Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|57||Rowdy Inspector||1992||Telugu||Vijaya Lakshmi Art Movies||B. Gopal|
|58||Aswamedham||1992||Telugu||Vyjayanthi Movies||K Raghavendra Rao|
|59||Nippu Ravva||1993||Telugu||Yuvarathna Arts||A. Kodandarami Reddy|
|60||Bangaru Bullodu||1993||Telugu||Jagapathi Art Pictures||Raviraja Pinisetty|
|61||Bhairava Dweepam||1994||Telugu||Chandamama Vijaya Combines||Singeetam Srinivasa Rao|
|62||Gandeevam||1994||Telugu||Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Combines||Priya Darshan|
|63||Bobbili Simham||1994||Telugu||Vijaya Lakshmi Art Movies||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|64||Top Hero||1994||Telugu||Sri Chitra Creations||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|65||Maatho Pettukoku||1995||Telugu||Bhargav Art Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|66||'Vamsanikokkadu||1996||Telugu||Sri Devi Movies||Sarat v|
|67||Sri Krishnarjuna Vijayam||1996||Telugu||Chandamama Vijaya Combines||Singeetam Srinivasa Rao|
|68||Peddannayya||1997||Telugu||Rama Krishna Horticultural Cine Studios||Sarat|
|69||Muddula Mogudu||1997||Telugu||Rama Films||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|70||Devudu||1997||Telugu||Sri Chitra Creations||Raviraja Pinisetty|
|71||Yuvaratna Rana||1998||Telugu||Rudvega Productions||A Kodandarami Reddy|
|72||Pavitra Prema||1998||Telugu||Srinivasa Productions||Muthyala Subbaiah|
|73||Samarasimha Reddy||1999||Telugu||Sri Satya Narayanamma Productions||B. Gopal|
|75||Krishna Babu||1999||Telugu||Srinivasa Productions||Muthyala Subbaiah|
|77||Goppinti Alludu||2000||Telugu||Rama Krishna Horticultural Cine Studios||E V V Satyanarayana|
|78||Narasimha Naidu||2001||Telugu||Sri Venkat Ramana Productions||B. Gopal|
|79||Bhalevadivi Basu||2001||Telugu||Sri Devi Movies||PA Arun Prasad|
|80||Seema Simham||2002||Telugu||Balaji Creations||Ram Prasad|
|81||Chennakeshava Reddy||2002||Telugu||Sri Sai Ganesh Productions||V. V. Vinayak|
|82||Palnati Bramhanaidu||2003||Telugu||Sri Venkat Ramana Productions||B. Gopal|
|83||Lakshmi Narasimha||2004||Telugu||Sri Sai Ganesh Productions||Jayanth C. Paranjee|
|84||Vijayendra Varma||2004||Telugu||Aditya Productions||Swarna Subba Rao|
|85||Allari Pidugu||2005||Telugu||PB Arts||Jayanth C. Paranjee|
|86||Veerabhadra||2006||Telugu||Ambica Cinema Productions||A.S. Ravi Kumar Chowdary|
|87||Maharadhi||2007||Telugu||Sri Lalitha Kalanjali Productions||P. Vasu|
|88||Okka Magadu||2008||Telugu||Bommarillu||YVS Chowdary|
|89||Pandu Rangadu||2008||Telugu||R.K. Film Associates||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|91||Simha||2010||Telugu||United Movies||Boyapati Srinu|
|92||Parama Veera Chakra||2011||Telugu||Teja Cinema||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|93||Sri Rama Rajyam||2011||Telugu||Sri Saibaba Movies||Bapu|
|94||Adhinayakudu||2012||Telugu||Sri Keerthi Creations||Paruchuri Murali|
|95||Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?||2012||Telugu||Manchu Entertainment||Sekhar Raja|
|96||Srimannarayana||2012||Telugu||Yellow Flowers||Ravi Chavali|
|97||Legend||2014||Telugu||14 Reels Entertainment
Vaarahi Chalana Chitram
- "NBK and NKR team up". Times of India. 19 August 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Balakrishna". IMDb.
- "NT Balakrishna-'Sonrise' in the TDP". Rediff. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (24 April 2011). "Balayya is a beaming daddy". The Times of India.com. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- Balayya back in action with Simha maker
- Prakash Kamat (1 December 2012). "Today's Paper / NATIONAL : Curtains down on IFFI extravaganza". The Hindu. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- NTR’s son Balakrishna joins TDP
- "NTR's son Balakrishna soon to join active politics". Sify. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Board of Trustees". induscancer.com.
- "Cancer hospital to create corpus for poor patients". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Happy Birthday Balakrishna". indiaglitz. Retrieved 10 June 2008.
- "Succession war between Naidu, NTR families hots up". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Balakrishna meets CM
- Real Life shooting at two film producers
- Way to go
- TDP president likely to rope in daughter-in-law Brahmani for party activities
- "Balakrishna displays histrionics". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 30 August 2007. Retrieved 30 August 2007.
- Nandamuri Mokshagna To Debut in 2014
- "Mangamma Gari Manavadu". IMDb.
- "All Time Long Run 534 Days(In Direct Centers) List". CineGoer.com. Retrieved 5 December 2006.
- "Balayya's Bio-Data". idlebrain.
- "Balayya's Bio-Data".
- "Balakrishna to play hero in Bhargava Arts' film". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 27 December 2006.
- "Happy Birthday Balakrishna". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 10 June 2008.
- "Nari Nari Naduma Murari". IMDb.
- Laxmi, Vijaya. "Overconfidence is Palnati Brahmanaidu's downfall". Rediff.com. Retrieved 6 June 2003.
- "'Photography should not dominate the story'". Rediff. Retrieved 15 April 2000.
- "Films Released in 1992 And Their Box Office Success". cinegoer.com. Retrieved 7 October 2007.
- Bangaru Bullodu (1993). IMDB.com
- "Films Released in 1993 And Their Box Office Success". CineGoer.com. Retrieved 1 October 2007.
- "Bhairava Dweepam". IMDb.
- "Samarasimha Reddy's Dream Run at the Box Office". CineGoer.com. Retrieved 28 February 2007.
- "Simha tour with political motif?". Sify. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- "Film industry bids adieu to EVV". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 23 January 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "The Biggest Blockbuster of 2001". CineGoer.com. Retrieved 9 June 2007.
- "Telugu Actor of the Decade-Nandamuri Balakrishna". MSN.
- "Movie review – Bhalevadivi Basu". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 15 June 2001.
- Reddy, Ravikanth (20 January 2004). "Balakrishna's film ahead in box-office battle". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 20 January 2004.
- "Lakshmi Narasimha' ahead!". Sify. Retrieved 17 January 2004.
- "Nandamuri Balakrishna". MSN.com.
- "Balakrishna shoots for 'Panduranga'". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 23 October 2007.
- Rajamani, Radhika. "Pandurangadu is refreshing". Rediff.com. Retrieved 30 May 2008.
- "Santhosham Awards Winners List". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Rajamani, Radhika. "Mitrudu has nothing much to offer". Rediff.com. Retrieved 1 May 2009.
- "Simha". Sify.
- "AN AVERAGE FARE". Indian Express. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Simha is for Balayya's fans". Rediff. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- "Mr. Nandamuri Balakrishna". zoominfo.com. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Nandi Awards 2001–2002".
- "Balakrishna-Nithya Menon bag Nandi Best Actor Awards". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Telugu stars at Cinemaa Awards 2011". NDTV.
- "Santosham Awards 2010 announced". Yahoo Movies. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Santosham Awards 2011 announced".
- "TSR-TV9 film awards winner list for 2011–2012". oneindia entertainment. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "TSR – TV9 awards 2011". idlebrain. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Bharata Muni awards on August 14". Idlebrain.com. 6 June 2011.
- "Bharatamuni Awards on 24th". SuperGoodMovies.com. 8 June 2011.
- "AP Cinegoers' Association 32nd Annual Film Awards – 2001".
- "Cinema Awards". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 26 August 2003. Retrieved 26 August 2003.
- "‘Make films that appeal to intellectuals, society'". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "Akkineni Abhinaya Puraskaram to Bala Krishna Nandamuri". idlebrain. Retrieved 15 January 2007.
- "Balakrishna as 'Srimannarayana'". Supergoodmovies.com. 13 February 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.