|Key people||Prathap C. Reddy, Founder and chairman
Preetha Reddy, Managing Director
K. Hari Prasad, CEO - Central Region
|Revenue||31.73 billion (US$520 million) (2012)|
Apollo Hospitals is an Indian hospital chain based in Chennai, India. It was founded by Dr Prathap C. Reddy in 1983 and has hospitals in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana, Nigeria, Mauritius, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait. Several of the group's hospitals have been among the first in India to receive international healthcare accreditation by America-based Joint Commission International (JCI).
The group has developed services in telemedicine, after starting a pilot project in 2000 in Pratap Reddy's home village. It is now the largest telemedicine provider in India with 71 centers. The success of Apollo Hospitals has made it a topic for Harvard Business School case study.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance, joint venture with Munich Health
- Apollo Health Street Limited, BPO and IT services company
- Apollo Pharmacy, largest retail pharmacy chain in India
- Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited, lifestyle clinic service
- Apollo Telemedicine Enterprises Limited, telemedicine service provider
- Equipment World, medical equipment advisory
- Family Health Plan Limited, health insurance and third party administrator
- Keimed, pharmaceutical procurement and supply chain management company
- MedVarsity Online Limited, developed over 1500 hours of medical content along with NIIT
Projects and tieups
Apollo Hospitals India Representative Office is a medical tourism service provider in Sri Lanka for the patients who travel to Apollo Hospitals India for medical treatment. It has set up a medical center at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad.
Awards and Recognition
A stamp was released on 2 November 2009 to commemorate the service of Apollo Hospitals The group's "Billion Hearts Beating" campaign, a national communication campaign of the Apollo Hospitals Group and the Times of India, won the "Global Award for Brand Excellence" of the "Campaign of the Year Award" at the World Brand Congress 2010 at Mumbai.
- Accreditation for 3 Apollo Hospital branches, The Hindu, 10 May 2006 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Telemedicine puts AP village on health map, The Indian Express, 7 September 2005 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Apollo Hospital and DHAN to provide affordable rural healthcare, Philips press notice, 8 July 2005 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Martha Lagace (17 December 2007). "The Rise of Medical Tourism – HBS Working Knowledge". Hbswk.hbs.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Services of Apollo Hospitals accessible from Sri Lanka again", Daily FT, Sri Lanka, 8 February 2012. Retrieved on 12 February 2012.
- The Hindu Business Line : Apollo Hospitals to invest Rs 3,000 cr for expansion
- "Special stamp on Apollo Hospitals released". The Hindu. 3 November 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- Billion Hearts Beating
- Apollo Hospitals’ Billion Hearts Beating wins Campaign of the Year Award at the World Brand Congress 2010
- Rama V. Baru, Privatisation and corporatisation, 2000:paper 489, Seminar Publications, New Delhi, accessed at  11 November 2006
- Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Apollo Health Street
- Apollo Hospital's Medical Journal Website
- Apollo Global Projects Consultancy Division