Blue Ridge, Georgia
|Blue Ridge, Georgia|
|— City —|
|Fannin County and the state of Georgia|
|• Total||2.2 sq mi (5.6 km2)|
|• Land||2.2 sq mi (5.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,762 ft (537 m)|
|• Density||550/sq mi (216.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0331197|
Blue Ridge, GA is located at (34.868344, -84.320991).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.7 km2), all of it land. Blue Ridge is the physiographic region in the north east corner of Georgia.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,210 people, 553 households, and 319 families residing in the city. The population density was 557.2 people per square mile (215.3/km²). There were 631 housing units at an average density of 290.6 per square mile (112.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.26% White, 0.41% African American, 0.41% Asian, 0.17% from other races, and 0.74% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.83% of the population.
There were 553 households out of which 25.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.9% were married couples living together, 15.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 42.3% were non-families. 38.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.14 and the average family size was 2.81.
In the city the population was spread out with 22.3% under the age of 18, 9.8% from 18 to 24, 23.9% from 25 to 44, 25.2% from 45 to 64, and 18.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 83.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 80.8 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $28,214, and the median income for a family was $35,259. Males had a median income of $25,859 versus $17,941 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,149. About 13.7% of families and 17.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 22.9% of those under age 18 and 16.6% of those age 65 or over.
Fannin County School District 
The Fannin County School District holds grades pre-school to grade twelve, that consists of three elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. The district has 179 full-time teachers and over 3,212 students.
- Blue Ridge Elementary School
- East Fannin Elementary School
- West Fannin Elementary School
- Fannin County Middle School
- Fannin County High School
The town has one of the few drive-ins in North Georgia, The Swan Drive-In Theatre.
Blue Ridge is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Georgia. With key water features, such as Lake Blue Ridge and the Toccoa River, as well as being surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, near the southern tip of the Appalachian Trail, the area draws tourists and outdoorsmen from all over the United States and abroad.
Outdoor activities include fishing, kayaking, boating, tubing, swimming, hiking, camping and blueberry picking, to name a few. The downtown area of the city is populated with several shops and antique stores. The tracks for the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway bisect the downtown, with the Scenic Railway itself operating out of the town's historic 100 year old depot. The downtown area also serves as host for several seasonal festivals.
Notable Blue Ridge natives 
- Cohutta Lee Grindstaff, from the MTV reality shows The Real World: Sydney, Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Island, and Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins
- Kirk Kirkpatrick, CEO MDS America, Executive
- Mark Wills - Country Singer
- Drew Blake - Author
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Georgia Board of Education, Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- School Stats, Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- The News Observer
- Blue Ridge Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Ridge City Hall
- Blue Ridge Webcam
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- Blue Ridge Current Events Website