Prinsloo at the Zac Posen Women Spring/Summer 2008 fashion show
May 16, 1989 |
Grootfontein, South-West Africa
|Spouse(s)||Adam Levine (m. 2014)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Dress size||6 (US)
D Management Group
Behati Prinsloo (/ / bee-AH-tee PRINS-loo; Afrikaans: [prɪnslʊə]; born May 16, 1989) is a Namibian model. In 2008, she became the face of the Victoria's Secret sub-brand Pink and moved on to become a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2009.
Early life and career
Prinsloo was born in Grootfontein, South-West Africa (now Namibia), where her father, Boet, is a church minister, and her mother runs a bed and breakfast. She grew up speaking Afrikaans and was educated in English.
Prinsloo has walked in fashion shows for Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Zac Posen, MaxMara, Lacoste, and Miu Miu. She has been on the covers of Vogue, Mexican GQ, L'Officiel Netherlands, i-D Magazine, V (American magazine), The Daily Telegraph magazine, Italy's Muse, Russian Vogue, Mexican Vogue, Spanish Vogue, French, Swedish & Italian Elle, Jalouse and American Velvet. Her ad campaigns include Victoria's Secret, Adore, Aquascutum, Chanel, H&M, Hugo Boss, Kurt Geiger, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Seafolly, Stefanel, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Max Studio, Nina Ricci, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, DKNY Jeans and Nine West as well as a lot of editorials like Vogue Italia, Interview Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Love Magazine, Vogue Japan, Vogue España .
On her resume are appearances in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2007–13. In 2009, Prinsloo was made a Victoria's Secret Angel. She has been doing print work for the company as the face for their sub-brand Pink.
Prinsloo ranked 12th on The Top Sexiest Models list by models.com.
The night before the 4 December 2012 airing of the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Prinsloo and fellow Victoria's Secret models Jacquelyn Jablonski and Jasmine Tookes guest starred on the 3 December "Ha'awe Make Loa" episode of CBS' Hawaii Five-0 playing themselves.
Prinsloo began dating Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine in 2012 and announced their engagement in July 2013. The couple married in Mexico on July 19, 2014. Prinsloo previously dated British model, Jamie Strachan from 2005 to 2012.
- 26 "Behati Prinsloo on the Fashion Model Directory". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 17 April 2012
- Wang, Connie. "Behati Prinsloo on Teen Vogue". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Behati Prinsloo at Storm Models". Storm Models. Retrieved 17 April 2012
- "Behati Prinsloo at Women Management". Women Management. Retrieved 17 April 2012
- "Behati Prinsloo at Marilyn Agency". Marilyn Agency. Retrieved 17 April 2012
- "My name is Behati". rokvillecreative. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- Model Profile – Prinsloo.
- "Behati Prinsloo". AskMen. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Behati Prinsloo's model profile on the NY Magazine website". New York Magazine. Retrieved 17 April 2012
- Interview with Behati Prinsloo Posted on TUESDAY, JULY 18, 2006
- "Behati Prinsloo on models.com". models.com. Retrieved April 17, 2012
- "Behati Prinsloo for swimwear brand Seafolly’s Summer 2012 ad campaign". Sassybella.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "VS Angel Behati Prinsloo Guest Stars on Hawaii Five-0 showing them modeling for Victoria's Secret. This Monday". Victoria's Secret. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Watching The Week > Film > 3. T by Alexander Wang 2014 Campaign". HUNGER TV. HUNGERTV.com. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Dam, Julie (16 July 2013). "Adam Levine Engaged to Behati Prinsloo". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Nessif, Bruna (19 July 2014). "Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Are Married!". E! News. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Behati Prinsloo.|