Golden Valley County, Montana
|Golden Valley County, Montana|
Location in the state of Montana
Montana's location in the U.S.
|Founded||March 8, 1920|
|• Total||1,176 sq mi (3,046 km2)|
|• Land||1,175 sq mi (3,043 km2)|
|• Water||1 sq mi (3 km2), 0.09%|
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 1,176 square miles (3,045.8 km2), of which 1,175 square miles (3,043.2 km2) is land and 1 square mile (2.6 km2) (0.09%) is water.
- Fergus County, Montana - north
- Musselshell County, Montana - east
- Yellowstone County, Montana - southeast
- Stillwater County, Montana - south
- Sweet Grass County, Montana - southwest
- Wheatland County, Montana - west
|Wheatland County||Musselshell County|
|Sweet Grass County||Stillwater County||Yellowstone County|
National protected area
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,042 people, 365 households, and 263 families residing in the county. The population density was <1/km² (1/sq mi). There were 450 housing units at an average density of <1/km² (<1/sq mi). The racial makeup of the county was 99.14% White, 0.58% Native American, 0.10% Asian, and 0.19% from two or more races. 1.25% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 44.4% were of German, 11.4% American, 8.2% Norwegian and 7.7% English ancestry according to Census 2000. 88.5% spoke English and 11.1% German as their first language.
There were 365 households out of which 26.80% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.80% were married couples living together, 3.30% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.90% were non-families. 24.40% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.00% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.41 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the county the population was spread out with 27.60% under the age of 18, 5.90% from 18 to 24, 23.00% from 25 to 44, 27.00% from 45 to 64, and 16.50% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 107.20 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.20 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $27,308, and the median income for a family was $35,000. Males had a median income of $14,028 versus $19,063 for females. The per capita income for the county was $13,573. About 16.50% of families and 25.80% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.40% of those under age 18 and 21.60% of those age 65 or over.
- List of cemeteries in Golden Valley County, Montana
- List of lakes in Golden Valley County, Montana
- List of mountains in Golden Valley County, Montana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Golden Valley County, Montana
- About Golden Valley County
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 15, 2013.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Census 2010 Gazetteer Files". Retrieved July 2, 2013.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved September 15, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.