Hoopla (digital media service)
Hoopla, stylized as hoopla, is a North American on-demand Internet streaming media service of the Holland, Ohio-based company Midwest Tape. Subscriptions through public libraries enable patrons to borrow movies, audiobooks and music online. The service is free to the user, and only the library pays a fee. A hoopla app is available to download on iOS and Android devices.
- "Netflix-style on demand streaming movies, TV & audio coming to the Los Angeles Public Library", 89.3 KPCC (Southern California Public Radio), March 5, 2013
- "Reviews: Beta Testers Weigh In On Hoopla", Library Journal, April 29, 2013
- Borrow free digital video, music, and audiobooks with your library card, hoopladigital.com. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- Magazines, movies and more, hollandsentinel.com. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Holland firm repacks, sells DVDs, CDs, audio books", Toledo Blade, May 20, 2012
- "Midwest Tape". Toledo, Ohio: Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Official website
- "Midwest Tape Launches Hoopla Pilot for Pay-Per-Circ Streaming Media". Digital Shift. Media Source. March 4, 2013.
- "Buyers Guide: Midwest Tape", American Libraries (American Library Association)
|This article relating to library science or information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|