Hoopla (digital media service)
Hoopla, stylized as hoopla, is a North American on-demand Internet streaming media service of the Holland, Ohio-based company Midwest Tape. Subscriptions through public libraries enable patrons to borrow audiobooks, movies, music, and television shows online. The service is free to the user, and only the library pays a fee. A hoopla app is available to download on iOS and Android devices.
- "Netflix-style on demand streaming movies, TV & audio coming to the Los Angeles Public Library", 89.3 KPCC (Southern California Public Radio), March 5, 2013
- "Reviews: Beta Testers Weigh In On Hoopla", Library Journal, April 29, 2013
- Borrow free digital video, music, and audiobooks with your library card, hoopladigital.com. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- Magazines, movies and more, hollandsentinel.com. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Holland firm repacks, sells DVDs, CDs, audio books", Toledo Blade, May 20, 2012
- "Midwest Tape". Toledo, Ohio: Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Official website
- "Midwest Tape Launches Hoopla Pilot for Pay-Per-Circ Streaming Media". Digital Shift. Media Source. March 4, 2013.
- "Buyers Guide: Midwest Tape", American Libraries (American Library Association)
|This article relating to library science or information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|