Keisei Oshiage Line
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Keisei Oshiage Line|
Keisei 3500 series EMU on the Oshiage Line, July 2012
|Owner||Keisei Electric Railway|
|Line length||5.7 km (3.5 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC|
|Operating speed||95 km/h (60 mph)|
|Keisei Oshiage Line|
The Keisei Oshiage Line (京成押上線 Keisei-Oshiage-sen?) is a railway line in Tokyo, Japan, operated by private railway company Keisei Electric Railway. It runs between Oshiage Station in Sumida and Aoto Station in Katsushika.
The tracks terminating at Oshiage Station constituted the original Keisei Line, but once the line from Ueno and Nippori to Aoto came into service, this segment became a short branch and renamed the "Oshiage Line". After opening of Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transport (Toei) Line 1 (present Toei Asakusa Line), the line came back to play the main role in the Keisei network, to provide trains from its main line to downtown Tokyo via the Toei line. It has also connections at Oshiage to the Tōbu Isesaki Line and the Tokyo Metro Hanzōmon Line. The line is now a de facto main line of Keisei.
The Oshiage Line passes through areas typical of Tokyo's shitamachi ("down town") working-class sections known for their distinctively earthy atmosphere.
- Length: 5.7 km (Approx. 3.6 miles)
- Gauge: 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)
- Track: double
- Block system: Automatic
- ATC/ATS: C-ATS
Together with local trains, the operator offers several types of rapid services.
- Rapid Limited Express (快特 Kaitoku?) (RL) and Limited Express (特急 Tokkyu?) (LE)
- LE trains stop at Oshiage and Aoto stations only inside the line. Newly introduced in 2006, RL is bound for Asakusa Line in the morning, and vice versa in the evening.
- Airport Rapid (空港快速 Kūkō-Kaisoku?)
- Through service on the Keisei Main and Toei Asakusa lines; travels the subway section as a rapid.
- Rapid (快速 Kaisoku?)
- Through service on the Keisei Main Line. Trains of Airport Rapid and Rapid stop at only Oshiage and Aoto stations.
- Express (急行 Kyūkō?)
- Through service on to the Hokusō Line. Trains stop at Oshiage, Hikifune, Tateishi, and Aoto.
- Local (各駅停車 or 普通 Kakueki-teisha or Futsū?)
- Trans stop at all stations along the Oshiage Line.
|KS45||Keisei-Oshiage||京成押上||-||0.0||●||●||●||●||●||●||Toei Asakusa Line
Tobu Skytree Line
Tokyo Metro Hanzōmon Line
|KS09||Aoto||青砥||1.1||5.7||●||●||●||●||●||●||Keisei Main Line|