List of political parties in Laos
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
This article lists political parties in Laos.
Laos is a single-party state. This means that only one political party, the Lao People's Revolutionary Party, is legally allowed to hold effective power. The Lao Front for National Construction serves as a mass organization affiliated with the LPRP and is tasked with involving non-party citizens in government and cultural affairs.
Former political parties
- Committee for the Defence of National Interests (founded 1958)
- Democratic Party (founded 1951)
- Independent Party (founded 1950)
- Lao People's Party (founded 1955)
- Lao Socialist Party (exile group)
- Neutralist Party (founded 1949)
- Peace Through Neutrality Party (founded 1955)
- National Progressive Party (founded 1950)
- Rally of the Lao People (founded 1958)