Motion Picture Soundtrack
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (April 2010)|
|Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Origin||Canterbury, Kent, England|
|Labels||Self Released, End Game Records|
Motion Picture Soundtrack are a British alternative rock quartet from Canterbury, Kent. Since their inception, the band has been composed of Alastair Blackwood (lead vocals, guitar, piano), Nick Watts (lead guitar, backing vocals), Graeme Blackwood (drums, percussion and backing vocals), and Will Hasler (bass).
The name comes the band's love of film soundtracks, not, as many people assume, from the track by Radiohead. They cite influences such as Thomas Newman, Craig Armstrong, and alternative acts such as Sigur Rós, Talk Talk, Cocteau Twins, Jeff Buckley and Massive Attack.
Motion Picture Soundtrack self-released their first studio album The Shapes We Fear Are Of Our Own on March 1, 2010,.
Produced by Paul Schroder (The Stone Roses, The Verve) in Copenhagen, the band returned to London to mix the record with engineer Cenzo Townshend (U2, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Florence and the Machine, Snow Patrol) at Olympic Studios.
Motion Picture Soundtrack released their debut single Departure on September 7, 2009, reaching No. 6 in Total Guitar Magazine's top download charts, with the follow-up Glass Figures (#10 in TG's top download charts) on February 22, 2010. The album The Shapes We Fear Are Of Our Own was released on March 1, 2010. The band were invited on March 29 to the BBC's Maida Vale Studios for a live session. and winning the Emerging Talent DIY Award at Camden Crawl  and performing at the Reading & Leeds festival 2010  courtesy of the BBC Introducing stage.
Formation and early years (2002–2005)
Motion Picture Soundtrack were formed in 2002 and wrote and recorded several EPs which were never released.
Debut Album The Shapes We Fear Are Of Our Own (2010)
Info to go here about the making of
- Taken from the band website: http://www.motionpicturesoundtrack.com/band
- Artist discography: http://www.motionpicturesoundtrack.com/discography/shapes-we-fear-are-our-own
- Discography: http://www.motionpicturesoundtrack.com/discography/departure-ep
- Total Guitar Magazine, September 2009
- Total Guitar Magazine, March 2010
- Maida Vale session: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/introducing/artists/motionpicturesoundtrack
- Emerging Talent DIY Award 2010: http://www.thecamdencrawl.com/news/article/winners-emerging-talent-awards-revealed
- Reading & Leeds Festival 2010: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/motionpicturesoundtrack
- BBC Introducing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/motionpicturesoundtrack