Open Government Partnership
Open Government Partnership or OGP is an international organization promoting multilateral initiative and seeking strong commitments from participating government institutions to promote transparency, increase civic participation, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to make government more open, effective, and accountable.   World leaders met at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel for the launching event on September 20, 2011. 
Steering committees are composed of government (Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States) and civil society organization Africa Center for Open Governance (Kenya), Instituto de Estudos Socioeconômicos (Brazil), Instituto Mexicano para la Competitividad (Mexico), International Budget Partnership (international), MKSS (India), National Security Archive (U.S.), Revenue Watch Institute (international), Transparency and Accountability Initiative (international), and Twaweza (Tanzania).
There have been four rounds of membership with cohorts of countries pledging to develop National OGP Action Plans. The founding cohort of countries included: Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States all of whom have published public plans and participated in a first round of evaluation of those plans effectiveness. The second cohort joined in April 2012 and includes: Canada, Colombia, Peru, El Salvador, Honduras, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay, Tanzania, Kenya, Jordan, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Albania, Montenegro, Italy, Macedonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, South Korea. Argentina, Ghana, Liberia, Hungary, Netherlands and Finland joined as part of the third cohort in April 2013. The fourth cohort of countries including Australia, France, Mongolia, Tunisia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Serbia and Ireland joined in April 2014. 
- "Governments need to regain trust of the governed". Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Clinton Pledges Transparency At Open-Government Partnership Meeting". Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "The Open Government Partnership". Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Opening Remarks by President Obama on Open Government Partnership". Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "The Open Government Partnership: Making Government More Open, Effective, and Accountable". Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Ireland to host Open Government Partnership (OGP) Europe Regional Meeting in 2014". Retrieved 2014-09-21.
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|