Students Islamic Organisation of India
|Motto||Study Struggle Service|
|Headquarters||D-300 Abul Fazal Enclave,Jamia Nagar,Okhla,New Delhi|
|Location||All over India|
|Ashfaq Ahmed Shareef(2013-14)|
|Jama-athe Islami Hind|
Students Islamic Organization of India(SIO) is the students' wing of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind. Students Islamic Organisation was formed in 1982. According to its constitution, it aims at presenting Da’wah before students and youth, promote virtues, and moral values in educational institutions.
The organization has been termed as a moderate Muslim students union, and is said to take part in social service and relief activities. It is reported to organise activities for the Muslim youths in order to engage them in peaceful religious activities, and to avoid communal activity and sentiment.
The mission of SIO is: "To prepare the students and youth for the reconstruction of society in the light of Divine Guidance."
— SIO of India
- Current President: Ashfaq Ahmed Sharief from Mangalore (Journalism Graduate from Bangalore University). He will serve as the head of the organization for the term 2013-2014.
- Former President: Mohammed Azharuddin (M. phil in Economics) 2011-2012
- General secretary: Sarwar Hasan, (B.Sc, Former Zonal President of SIO, West Bengal )
- Secretaries: Sharique Ansar, Masihuzzam Ansari, Khaleeq Ahmed Khan, Arshad Husain,
Former National Presidents
- Muhammad Jafar
- Ashfaq Ahmed
- P. C. Hamza
- Thoufeeq Aslam Khan
- Abdul Jabbar Siddiqi
- S Ameen ul Hasan
- Malik Motasim Khan
- Sadat Husaini
- Malik Faisal Falahi
- Syed Zameer Quadri
- syed shuja
- K K Suhail
- Mohd. Azharuddin
- ashfaq ahmed shareef
- Angel M Rabasa, Cheryl Benard, Peter Chalk, C Christine Fair, Theodore Karasik, Rollie Lal, Ian Lasser, Ian O Lesser, David E Thaler, Rand Corporation (January 2005). The Muslim World After 9/11. ISBN 0-8330-3712-9.[page needed]
- Students Islamic Organisation of India:Constitution.
- Students Islamic Organisation of India: Policy and Program
- SIO of India website
- SIO of India, Karnataka Website
- SIO of India, Kerala Website
- SIO of India, Kolkata
- SIO of India, Tamilnadu Website
- SIO of India, Andhrapradesh
- SIO West Bengal
|This article about an Islamic organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|