Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1155 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1155 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1155.|
- June 18 – Frederick I Barbarossa is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- The city of Bari rebels against the king of Sicily, and recognizes the Byzantine emperor, Manuel I, as its overlord.
- The city of Bristol, UK (Brigstow) is given a Royal Charter.
- The Papal bull Laudabiliter gives the King of England lordship over Ireland.
- Theotokos of Vladimir is taken to Vladimir from Suzdal.
- February 28 – Henry the Young King, son of Henry II of England (d. 1183)
- May 17 – Jien, Japanese poet and historian (d. 1225)
- November 11 – King Alfonso VIII of Castile (d. 1214)
- Saito Musashibo Benkei, Japanese fighting monk
- Kamo no Chōmei, Japanese author (d. 1216)
- Maud de Braose, English noblewoman (d. 1210)
- February 6 – King Sigurd II of Norway (b. 1133)
- June – Arnold of Brescia, Italian monk and rebel (b. 1090)
- August 22 – Emperor Konoe of Japan (b. 1139)
- date unknown