1944 NFL Championship Game
|Date||December 17, 1944|
|Stadium||Polo Grounds, New York City|
|Radio in the United States|
The 1944 National Football League Championship Game was the 12th NFL title game. The game was played on December 17 at the Polo Grounds in New York City, and the attendance was 46,016. The game featured the Green Bay Packers (8–2), champions of the Western Division versus the Eastern Division champion New York Giants (8–1–1).
The Packers were led by longtime head coach Curly Lambeau and its stars were running back Ted Fritsch, end Don Hutson, and quarterback Irv Comp. The Giants were led by head coach Steve Owen. They also had running back Bill Paschal and former Packers quarterback Arnie Herber as well as a dominant defense. The Packers were slight favorites, despite the Giants' 24–0 shutout win four weeks earlier. Prior to the game, the Packers had spent over a week preparing in Charlottesville, Virginia The Packers completed their regular season on November 26, the Giants on December 10.
- First quarter
- no scoring
- Second quarter
- Third quarter
- no scoring
- Fourth quarter
- Referee: Ronald Gibbs
- Umpire: Carl Brubaker
- Head Linesman: Charlie Berry
- Field Judge: Eugene Miller 
The players' shares were the highest to date: each Packer player received about $1,500 while each Giant saw about $900.
- "Giants battle Packers today for pro title". Chicago Sunday Tribune. December 17, 1944. p. 1, part 2.
- "Packers win pro title; beat Giants, 14-7". Chicago Daily Tribune. December 18, 1944. p. 19.
- Kuechle, Oliver E. (December 18, 1944). "Packers defeat Giants 14 to 7; win national pro grid crown". Milwaukee Journal. p. 4, part 2.
- Schumacher, Garry (December 18, 1944). "Packers cop pro title with 14-7 triumph over Giants". Milwaukee Sentinel. p. 4, part 2.
- "Pro grid summary". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 11, 1944. p. 17.
- "Pros battle for grid title". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 17, 1944. p. 33.
- Kuechle, Oliver E. (December 17, 1944). "Green Bay 11-5 favorite; Owen sees even chance". Milwaukee Journal. p. 5, part 2.
- "Packers win pro grid title, 14-7". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. United Press. December 18, 1944. p. 16.
- Peterson, Leo H. (December 19, 1944). "Breaks help Packers to pro grid title". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. p. 16.
- "Packers' eleven defeats Giants". Spokane Daily Chronicle. Washington. United Press. December 18, 1944. p. 13.