49th Tony Awards
|49th Tony Awards|
|Date||June 4, 1995|
|Location||Minskoff Theatre, New York City, New York|
|Host||Nathan Lane, Glenn Close, Gregory Hines|
The musical sequence was "Broadway Songs We've Never Done, and Never Will" with Gregory Hines and Nathan Lane.
Presenters were: Maria Conchita Alonso, Lauren Bacall, Alec Baldwin, Carol Burnett, Red Buttons, Walter Cronkite, Jim Dale, Laurence Fishburne, Gloria Foster, Michele Lee, Lonette McKee, Robert Morse, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jon Secada, Patrick Stewart, Elaine Stritch, Marlo Thomas, Kathleen Turner, Joan Van Ark.
- Smokey Joe's Cafe "On Broadway" - The Men;
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying "Brotherhood of Man" - Matthew Broderick, Lillias White and Company;
- Show Boat "Kim's Charleston" - Elaine Stritch, Tammy Amerson and Company;
- Sunset Boulevard- "As If We Never Said Goodbye - Glenn Close and Company.
A special segment,"Broadway Across America" featured: Buskers in San Francisco ("Busker Alley" - Tommy Tune and Company); Master Class in Los Angeles (Scene with Zoe Caldwell and Audra McDonald); Grease in Boston ("We Go Together" - Company); Hello, Dolly! in San Diego.
Award winners and nominees
Winners are in bold
- Carol Channing — Lifetime Achievement
- Harvey Sabinson — Lifetime Achievement