Alliance Air (India)
|Commenced operations||15 April 1996|
|Frequent-flyer program||Flying returns|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||Air India Limited|
|Revenue||₹1,182 crore (US$170 million) (FY 2019-20)|
|Operating income||₹65.09 crore (US$9.1 million) (FY 2019-20)|
|Profit||₹−201 crore (US$−28 million) (FY 2019-20)|
|Total equity||₹402.25 crore (US$56 million) (FY 2019-20)|
|Employees||857 (as of 31 December 2020|
Alliance Air is an Indian regional airline and a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India. It was founded in 1996 and mainly operates domestic routes as part of the government's Regional Connectivity Scheme.
Alliance Air was founded in April 1996 as a subsidiary of Indian Airlines. The parent company wished to make better use of its Boeing 737 fleet, so it wet-leased 12 of these aircraft to Alliance Air. The subsidiary operated its first flight on 15 April 1996. Alliance Air served as a low-cost feeder airline for Indian Airlines, providing connections to the latter's hubs from various smaller cities across the country. In 2002 the airline was offering flights to 44 destinations in India utilizing a fleet of 11 Boeing 737-200s.
Alliance Air operates to 47 destinations in India as of January 2021. It operates regional services in India through its hubs in Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The airline started its first international flight from Chennai to Jaffna on 11 November 2019.
An ATR 72-600 belonging to Alliance Air, parked at Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore
- Air India Limited
- Air India
- Air India Express
- Air India Cargo
- Air India Air Transport Services
- Indian Airlines
- "Alliance Air (India)". ch-aviation. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "JO 7340.2G Contractions" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. 5 January 2017. p. 3-1-17. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Alliance Air" (PDF). Flight International. March 2002. p. 71. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "What Happened To Indian Airlines?". Simple Flying. 22 November 2020. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- Haridas, Neena (17 July 2000). "Plane had met with an accident before". Rediff.com. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "Alliance Air". Air India. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. November 2019: 16.
- "Fleet Details". Air India. Archived from the original on 27 February 2019. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Please refresh this page". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- "India's Alliance Air ends CRJ-700 operations". ch-aviation. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2019.