Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 5)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||32|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||16 June– 30 September 2012|
|Celebrity winner||Gurmeet Choudhary
- Gurmeet Choudhary and Shampa Gopikrishna, winners on September 30, 2012
- Rashami Desai and Deepak Singh, second place on September 30, 2012
- Rithvik Dhanjani and Sneha, third place on September 30, 2012
- Isha Sharvani and Salman, fourth place (quit) on September 30, 2012
- Bharti Singh and Savio, eliminated (quit) on September 22, 2012
- Karan Wahi and Mohena Singh, eliminated on September 15, 2012
- Darsheel Safary and Avneet Kaur, eliminated on September 1, 2012
- Shibani Dandekar and Punit, eliminated on August 25, 2012
- Giaa Manek and Nishant, eliminated on August 18, 2012
- Ravi Kishan and Kunjan, eliminated on August 11, 2012
- Sushil Kumar and Alisha Singh, eliminated on August 4, 2012
- Jayati Bhatia and Diwakar, eliminated on July 28, 2012
- Pratyusha Banerjee and Deepak, eliminated on July 21, 2012
- Archana Vijaya and Sanam, elminated on July 14, 2012
- Sanath Jayasuriya and Suchitra, eliminated on July 7, 2012
- Talat Aziz and Ankita, eliminated on June 30, 2012
Wild Cards (was not selected)
- Neha Bhasin and Cornel, Singer (did not get selected)
- Avika Gor and Sanam Johar, TV Actress who is seen in Sasural Simar Ka (not selected)
- Jay Soni and Bhavna, Actor who was last seen as Ishaan in Sasural Genda Phool (not selected)
|Rupal Patel||To introduce her Gopi Bahu, Gia|
|Ayushmann Khurrana||To introduce Shibani & Archana|
|Sonu Sood||To introduce Isha|
|Harbhajan Singh||To introduce Sanath|
|Malaika Arora Khan||Malaika introduced & performed with Bharti Singh|
|Priyanka Chopra||To promote her film Teri Meri Kahaani and introduce Darsheel|
|Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Asin, Prachi Desai & Rohit Shetty||To promote their film Bol Bachchan|
|Tusshar Kapoor & Ritesh Deshmukh||To promote their film Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum|
|Boman Irani & Farah Khan||To promote their film Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi|
|Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif||To promote their film Ek Tha Tiger|
|Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra & Ileana D'Cruz||To promote their film Barfi!|
|Kareena Kapoor||To promote her film Heroine|
|Rani Mukherjee||To promote her film Aiyyaa|
|Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan, & Alia Bhatt||To promote their film Student of the Year|
|Sridevi||To promote her film English Vinglish|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14||Week 15|
- green numbers indicates the highest score.
- red numbers indicates the lowest score.
- indicates the winning couple.
- indicates the runner-up couple.
- indicates the second runner-up couple
- indicates the fourth-place couple
- indicates the couple eliminated that week.
- indicates the returning couple that finished in the bottom three.
- n/a indicates the couple did not get any scores
- In Week 13, there was no elimination.
- From Week 14 onwards, those contestants in Bottom-Two would have to perform a dance-off and one would be eliminated and one saved based on Judges scoring alone.
- Week 15: In Week 14, Judges used VETO and Isha & Salman were to perform in Semi-finals directly due to injury thus that week they were not in the bottom two or bottom three.
^1 In the dance-off between Karan & Mohena and Rithvik & Sneha two of the judges Remo D'souza and Madhuri Dixit voted for Rithvik while another judge, Karan Johar, voted for Karan. Thus having the minority of votes Karan and his dancing partner and choreographer Mohena were eliminated.
^2 After being announced as one of the contestants for the bottom two with Rashmi, Bharti withdrew from the competition to protest Isha's stay on the show despite her being unable to deliver any performances for the last couple of weeks. Such a progression in the game according to her was not only unjust to other contestants but also violated the premises of fair play on which the competition should actually be based on.
^3 Isha was originally announced as a finalist for the title; however, due to persistent injuries she has faced, she withdrew from the competition and Rashmi, in turn, was given a place in the Grand Finale.
This table only counts for dances scored on a traditional 30-points scale.
|Rank by average||Place||Couple||Total points||Number of dances||Average|
|11||1||Gurmeet & Shampa||541||21||25.76|
|7||2||Rashmi & Deepak||411||17||24.18|
|6||3||Rithvik & Sneha||412||17||24.24|
|1||4||Isha & Salman||436||15||29.0|
|12||5||Bharti & Savio||441||19||23.21|
|9||6||Karan & Mohena||231||9||25.6|
|2||7||Darsheel & Avneet||328||13||25.23|
|3||8||Shibani & Punit||268||10||26.8|
|5||9||Gia & Nishant||221||9||24.56|
|4||10||Ravi & Kunjan||197||8||24.63|
|14||11||Sushil & Alisha||154||7||22.00|
|8||12||Jayati & Diwakar||144||6||24.00|
|13||13||Pratyusha & Deepak||113||5||22.60|
|16||14||Archana & Sanam||84||4||21.00|
|10||15||Sanath & Suchitra||70||3||23.33|
|15||16||Talat & Ankita||43||2||21.50|
Wild Card Entry Special
1st Episode of Week 7 themed 'Wild Card' Special selected 3 new contestant to current participating celebrities.
Out of the 6 new Wild Card Entrance the couples which joined the current celebrities in the race of 'Jhalak' were
The celebrities and professional partners danced one of these routines for each corresponding week:
- Week 1 : Introduction
- Week 2 : 100 Years of Indian Cinema
- Week 3 : Dance Attack
- Week 4 : Zodiac Signs
- Week 5 : Entertainment with Twist
- Week 6 : Judges' Challenge
- Week 7 : 'Superstar' Rajesh Khanna Special & Wild Card Entries
- Week 8 : Best Foot Forward
- Week 9 : Toofani Remix
- Week 10 : Famous Jodis of Bollywood [Individual Performance & Group relay]
- Week 11 : Colours & Childhood
- Week 12 : Kuch Hatke Dikha & Brahmastra
In Week 9, Isha's choreographer Salman sustained an injury during technical rehearsals and was thus unable to perform. Cornell, another dancing partner, performed with sustained in this episode. Cornell was the dancing partner of Neha Bhasin in the Wild Card Entry episode.
From the episode dated September 2, 2012 (Week 12) new choreographers were introduced and the celebrities and their professional partners (from Dancing with the Stars) danced one of these routines for the week 13 episode 25 (dated September 8, 2012):
- Week 13(Episode 25 [September 8, 2012]): Firangi Tarka
|Couple||Week 13 (a)|
|Gurmeet & Evita||Pasodoble|
|Rashmi & Brent||Cha-cha-cha|
|Rithvik & Anya||Samba|
|(Isha) Salman & Jaymz||Hip-Hop & Contemporary|
|Bharti & Sasha||Bollywood & Salsa|
|Karan & Emma||Rumba|
- Week 13 (Episode 26 [September 9, 2012]): Judges as Mentors ([Karan Johar's team: Isha and Karan], [Madhuri Dixit's Team: Rashmi and Gurmeet], [Remo's Team: Rithvik and Bharti])
- Week 14 (Episode 27 [September 15, 2012] & Episode 28 [September 16, 2012]): Breathless [Individual performances]; Performing in a group with back-dancers
- Week 15 (Episode 29 [September 22, 2012]): Guest dancing partners
Week 13 episode 26 (dated: September 9, 2012) Rithvik's choreographer Sneha could not perform since she was suffering from typhoid thus another dancing partner Marischa Fernandes (JDJ 4 Winner choreographer) was roped in to perform with Rithvik.
Week 14: Salman, Isha's choreographer, performed on a Bollywood Dance form alone as Isha could not perform due to the elbow injury sustained in Week 12. There were no scores and the voting lines for Isha-Salman were not opened either. However, as per Judges ruling, Isha shall start performing from Week 15 (Semi-Final) onwards.
Week 15 (Episode 29 dated: September 22, 2012) contestants from previous Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa seasons were invited as guest partners to perform with the remaining contestants Gurmeet, Bharti, Rashmi and Rithvik. As Isha still had not recovered, she did not perform in that episode. The performances were choreographed by the respective choreographers; however, contestants had the following guests as dancing partners:
Gurmeet performed with Gauhar Khan
Rashmi performed with Meiyang Chаng
Rithvik performed with Yana Gupta
Bharti was to perform with Mahii Vij. However, she withdrew due to medical reasons at the beginning of the episode.
|Couple||Week 13 (b)||Week 14||Week 15 (a)|
|Gurmeet & Shampa||Freestyle||Hip-Hop||Contemporary||Freestyle|
|Rashmi & Deepak||Bungee Freestyle||Bollywood||Freestyle||Freestyle|
|Rithvik & Sneha||Hip-Hop & Stomping||Freestyle||Hip-Hop||Contemporary|
|Isha & Salman||(did not perform)||(did not perform)||(did not perform)||(did not perform)|
|Bharti & Savio||Freestyle||Cha-cha-cha & Bollywood||Bollywood|
|Karan & Mohena||Bollywood|
Semi-Final, Finale & Grand-Finale
- Week 15 (Episode 30 [September 23, 2012]): Semi-Final (Solo and Group Relay performances)
- Week 16 (Episode 31 [September 29, 2012] & Episode 32 [September 30, 2012]): Finale & Grand Finale
|Couple||Week 15 (Semi-Final)||Week 16 (Finale)||Week 16 (Grand Finale)|
|Gurmeet & Shampa||Tandav||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle|
|Rashmi & Deepak||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle|
|Rithvik & Sneha||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle||Freestyle|
|Isha & Salman||Rope Mallakhamb||Freestyle|
- Highest scoring dance
- Lowest scoring dance
- Danced, but not scored
Highest and lowest scoring performances
The best and worst performances of each team according to the judges' 30-point scale are as follows:
|Dance Form (best)||Highest score||Team||Lowest score||Dance Form (worst)|
|Puli Kali; Latin Robotic; Freestyle; Indian Semi-Classical; Pasodoble||30(5)||Gurmeet & Shampa||20||Freestyle|
|Afro Jazz Dance; Freestyle; Bungee Freestyle; Bollywood||30(6)||Rashmi & Deepak||24||Yakshagana Dance; Cha-cha-cha|
|Michael Jackson style & Indian Semi-Classical; Aerial Silk;
Hip-Hop & Stomping; Freestyle
|30(5)||Rithvik & Sneha||21||Locking & Freestyle|
|Bollywood; Pasodoble; Freestyle; Contemporary;
Bachata & Pole Dance;Bollywood Contemporary; Aerial Hoop;
Ballroom Dance; Argentine Tango; Solstrom; Rope Mallakhamb
|30(11)||Isha & Salman||0(5)||(did not perform)|
|Lyrical Contemporary||30||Bharti & Savio||19||Freestyle; Bhangra & Hip-Hop|
|Contemporary; Bollywood||30(2)||Karan & Mohena||23||Freestyle; Contemporary|
|Aerial & Kalaripayattu||30||Darsheel & Avneet||25||Lyrical Hip-Hop|
|Contemporary; Hip-Hop (theatrical); Robotic||30(3)||Shibani & Punit||23||Bollywood; Jazz Funk & Indian Semi-Classical|
|Aerial Freestyle||30||Gia & Nishant||22||Bollywood; Mujra & Kathak; Lyrical Hip-Hop|
|Tango; Bollywood||27||Ravi & Kunjan||21||Twist & Rock&Roll|
|Bollywood||25||Sushil & Alisha||16||Freestyle|
|Odissi||28||Jayati & Diwakar||19||Salsa|
|Freestyle; Cha-cha-cha, Salsa & Jive||24||Pratyusha & Deepak||19||Bollywood|
|Freestyle||23||Archana & Sanam||20||Foxtrot; Ballet|
|Salsa||27||Sanath & Suchitra||19||Salsa|
|Freestyle||22||Talat & Ankita||21||Freestyle|
|2012||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Anchor-Music & Film-based Show||Manish Paul|
|Colors Golden Petal Awards||Most Lokpriya Non-Fiction Anchor|
|Best Non Fiction Judge||Madhuri Dixit Nene|
|Most Verstile TV Personality||Karan Johar|
|Most Lokpriya Dharavahik - Non Fiction||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5|
|2013||Indian Telly Awards||Best Anchor||Manish Paul|
- "Gurmeet Gets His First 30 At Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa". Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Gurmeet Choudhary wins 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 5'". Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "6 TV actors to compete for wild card entry in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Rithvik Dhanjani, Karan Wahi and Rashmi Desai are the wild card entries in 'Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa'". daily.bhaskar.com. 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "Rashmi is tough competition: Rithvik Dhanjani". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "I hope to win Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa: Rithvik Dhanjani". Hindustan Times.
- "Isha Sharvani not to perform this week in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Bharti Singh eliminated from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Isha Sharvani is so cute: Karan Wahi". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Karan Wahi out of Jhalak this week! Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Karan Wahi's 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa' innings end". Mid Day. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Darsheel eliminated from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5". Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Shibani Dandekar Profile
- Bollywood Life. "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5: Shibani Dandekar evicted!". Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- "Giaa Manek: I almost had a nervous breakdown". Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5: Giaa Manek gets eliminated". Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "I had put my stardom at stake for JDJ,says Ravi Kishan". Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5: Ex Bigg Boss fame Ravi Kishan eliminated!". Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Sushil Kumar of KBC fame to shake a leg in ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’". Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Jayati Bhatia is out of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Rashmi in Pratyusha out in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "IT'S NOT JUST DANCE". Pioneer desk. Daily Pioneer. 22 September 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Archana Vijaya eliminated from `Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5`". Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Hard-hitter Sanath Jayasuriya is now a dancing star". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Talat Aziz eliminated from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". Retrieved 1 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.|