Blue Mountains bus routes
Blue Mountains Transit has taken over the Blue Mountains Bus Company which was a combination of Mountainlink and Pearce. They have depots in Valley Heights, Katoomba and Emu Heights. They operate commuter and school services, mostly within the areas of Katoomba, Springwood, Faulconbridge, Blaxland, Blackheath, Penrith and Mount Victoria. The network is controlled by the New South Wales Government's transport authority, Transport for NSW, and is part of the authority's Opal ticketing system.
Ticketing and fares
The bus network uses the smartcard-based Opal ticketing system. Opal is also valid on train services in the area but separate fares apply. Opal's bus fares are the same as those for Sydney's light rail. Bus drivers also sell non-smartcard Opal single trip tickets. The single trip tickets are more expensive than the standard Opal fare. They are only valid for travel on the bus service on which they are purchased. The following table lists Opal fares for reusable smartcards and single trip tickets:
|Bus or light rail||0–3 km||3–8 km||8 km+|
|Adult single trip||$2.60||$4.20||$5.40|
|Child/Youth single trip||$1.30||$2.10||$2.70|
Some buses in the Blue Mountains area are tourist buses (such as Trolley Tours which is part of Blue Mountains Transit, and the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus) running loops starting at Katoomba through various attractions or lookouts.
- See 600 series bus routes page, then show "List of 600 Series bus routes" for a list of bus routes operated by Blue Mountains Transit.
- "Opal single trip tickets". opal.com.au. Transport for NSW. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "New fares from 4 January 2015". transportnsw.info. Transport for NSW. 5 December 2014. Archived from the original on 25 December 2014.
- "Fares and benefits". opal.com.au. Transport for NSW. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Trolley Tours Trolley Tours
- Blue Mountains Explorer Bus Archived December 19, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. Blue Mountains Explorer
|This article related to bus transport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|