Carole Park, Queensland
|Population||4 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1.00/km2 (2.6/sq mi)|
|Area||4.0 km2 (1.5 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
Since 2010, Carole Park is now only used for industrial purposes.
The suburb was not settled until the 1940s with the exception of a few farms.
Electricity was provided around 1965 and mains water in 1969. The Queensland Housing Commission provided housing to residents in the 1970s. The Queensland Place Names Board designated the suburb and its name in 1972.
Prior to 2010, Carole Park was a half residential and half industrial suburb with the Logan Motorway separating the two areas, with the residential part in City of Brisbane and the industrial part in City of Ipswich (this split was the result of Shire of Moreton being absorbed into City of Brisbane, City of Ipswich and Shire of Esk during the 1990s.
In May 2010, the residential part of Carole Park became part of the Brisbane suburb of Ellen Grove with postcode 4078, while the industrial part remained as the suburb of Carole Park in the City of Ipswich.
There are no schools in Carole Park. The nearest primary schools are Camira State School in neighbouring Camira to the south-west and Carole Park State School in Wacol to the north. The nearest secondary schools are Forest Lake State High School in neighbouring Forest Lake to the east and Woodcrest State College in Springfeld to the south.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Carole Park (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Carole Park – suburb in City of Ipswich (entry 45035)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- Mynott, Wicki (2009). 150 years: Richlands, Inala & neighbouring suburbs in Brisbane's South West. Richlands, Inala & Suburbs History Group. pp. 51–55.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Ellen Grove – suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 48323)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Carole Park (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 September 2014.