Caulfield railway station
|PTV commuter and regional rail station|
|Location||1 Sir John Monash Drive|
Caulfield East, Victoria 3145
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||11.79 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Bicycle facilities||10 racks|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||7 May 1879|
|Electrified||5 March 1922|
|2017-2018||4.708 million 3.6%|
|Official name||Caulfield Railway Station Complex|
|Criteria||A, B, C, D, E|
|Designated||20 August 1982|
Caulfield railway station is a railway station on the Gippsland and Stony Point trunk lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Caulfield East, and it opened on 7 May 1879. In 2017-2018, it was the 7th busiest station in Melbourne's metropolitan network, with 4.7 million passenger movements.
The small brick building on Platform 1, near the main platform building, was provided in 1974. It originally served as a race ticket office.
Caulfield was upgraded to a Premium Station on 13 June 1996, although the enclosed waiting area and ticket facilities were built in 1993 as part of the 'Travel Safe' program. The station underwent a minor refurbishment in 1994.
Platforms and services
Caulfield has two side platforms and one island platform with two faces. It is served by Metro Trains' Pakenham, Frankston, and Cranbourne line trains. It is also served by V/Line's Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains.
- Frankston all stations and limited express services to
- Flinders Street express services to
- express services to Flinders Street
- V/Line services to Southern Cross (set down only)
- Pakenham all stations and limited express services to
- Cranbourne all stations and limited express services to
- V/Line services to Traralgon and Bairnsdale (pick up only)
Yarra Trams operates one route via Caulfield station
- "Caulfield Railway Station Complex". Victorian Heritage Database. Government of Victoria. Archived from the original on 21 April 2019. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Caulfield". Vicsig. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- "Station patronage in Victoria for 2013-2018". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- Caulfield Vicsig
- Caulfield Railway Station Complex Department of Transport, Planning & Local Infrastructure
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. June 1974. p. 137.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. June 1994. p. 184.
- "Pakenham Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Frankston Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- Traralgon – Melbourne Public Transport Victoria
- "624 Kew - Oakleigh via Caulfield & Carnegie & Darling and Chadstone (From 4-11-2018)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "900 Stud Park SC (Rowville) - Caulfield via Monash University & Chadstone (SMARTBUS Service)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "3-3a Melbourne University - East Malvern". Public Transport Victoria.