Caulfield railway station
|PTV commuter and regional rail station|
Eastbound view from platform 2 in January 2011
|Location||1 Sir John Monash Drive|
Caulfield East, Victoria 3145
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||11.79 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Bicycle facilities||10 racks|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||7 May 1879|
|Electrified||5 March 1922|
|Passengers (2017-2018)||4.708 million 3.6%|
|Official name||Caulfield Railway Station Complex|
|Criteria||A, B, C, D, E|
|Designated||20 August 1982|
Caulfield railway station is located on the Pakenham, Cranbourne and Frankston lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Caulfield East, and opened on 7 May 1879. In 2017-2018, it was the 7th busiest station in Melbourne's metropolitan network, with 4.7 million passenger movements.
The small brick building on platform 1, near the main platform building, was provided in 1974, and originally served as a race ticket office.
Platforms and services
Caulfield has two side platforms and one island platform with two faces. It is served by Metro Trains' Pakenham, Frankston, and Cranbourne line trains. It is also served by V/Line's Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains.
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Cranbourne
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Traralgon and Bairnsdale
Yarra Trams operates one route via Caulfield station
- "Caulfield Railway Station Complex". Victorian Heritage Database. Government of Victoria. Archived from the original on 21 April 2019. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Caulfield". Vicsig. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- "Station patronage in Victoria for 2013-2018". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- Caulfield Vicsig
- Caulfield Railway Station Complex Department of Transport, Planning & Local Infrastructure
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. June 1974. p. 137.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Pakenham Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Frankston Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- Traralgon – Melbourne Public Transport Victoria
- "624 Kew - Oakleigh via Caulfield & Carnegie & Darling and Chadstone (From 4-11-2018)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "900 Stud Park SC (Rowville) - Caulfield via Monash University & Chadstone (SMARTBUS Service)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "3-3a Melbourne University - East Malvern". Public Transport Victoria.