Caulfield railway station
Eastbound view from Platform 2 in January 2011
|Location||Sir John Monash Drive, Caulfield East|
|Distance||11.79 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||7 May 1879|
|Passengers (2011/12)||4.1 million|
Caulfield railway station is located on the Pakenham, Cranbourne and Frankston lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Caulfield East, opening on 7 May 1879. In 2011/12, it was the 7th busiest station in Melbourne's metropolitan network, with 4.1 million passenger movements.
The small brick building on Platform 1, near the main platform building, was provided in 1974. It was originally provided as a race ticket office.
Platforms & services
Caulfield has two side platforms and one island platform with two faces. It is served by Metro Trains' Pakenham, Frankston, and Cranbourne line trains. It is also served by V/Line's Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains.
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Cranbourne
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Traralgon and Bairnsdale
CDC Melbourne operates one route via Caulfield station:
Yarra Trams operates one route via Caulfield station
- Caulfield Vicsig
- Station Patronage Research Public Transport Victoria
- Caulfield Railway Station Complex Department of Transport, Planning & Local Infrastructure
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. June 1974. p. 137.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Pakenham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Frankston Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Traralgon - Melbourne Public Transport Victoria
- Route 624 Kew - Oakleigh timetable Archived 2 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Route 900 Rowville - Caulfield timetable Archived 4 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Route 3/3a Melbourne University - Malvern East timetable Public Transport Victoria