|Created by||Jeffrey Solomon|
|Written by||Jeffrey Solomon|
|Directed by||Rick Friedberg, Randall Miller|
|Theme music composer||Raliegh J Neal II|
|Opening theme||Malik Yoba & Raliegh J Neal II|
|Composer(s)||Raliegh J Neal II|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jim Henson Productions, The CityKids Foundation|
|Original release||18 September 1993 – 29 January 1994|
CityKids is an American television series that aired late Saturday Mornings on ABC from 1993 to 1994. The show consists primarily of live action performances, interspersed with Muppet segments, courtesy of Jim Henson Productions. These Muppets are composed of original characters designed specifically for the show, not ones taken from Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. These original characters often serve as the Greek chorus for the show, commenting on the situations of the human characters, but not actually interacting with them.
Unlike most shows airing on ABC Saturday Mornings and produced by the Jim Henson Company at the time, CityKids was primarily targeted to a teenage audience, not to mention an urban one. However, the show failed to generate desirable ratings from any demographic, especially the teenage one, and the show was cancelled by ABC after one season.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2011)
- Angelica (portrayed by Cyndi Cartagena)
- Snoopy/Christian (portrayed by Hassan Elgendi)
- John (portrayed by Dulé Hill)
- Susan (portrayed by Anne Ho)
- Tito (portrayed by Renoly Santiago)
- Nikki (portrayed by Diana Smith)
- David (portrayed by Brad Stoll)
- Frida (portrayed by Audrey Ince)
- Mr. Lester (portrayed by Don Chastain)
- Unknown Character (portrayed by Dash Mihok)
- Unknown Character (portrayed by Michelle Ingkavet)
- Dread (performed by David Rudman) - A Rastafarian philosopher.
- Bird (performed by Joey Mazzarino) - A pigeon who is Dread's sidekick.
- Frankie Frank (performed by David Rudman) - An anthropomorphic hot dog rapper that is the lead singer of Frankie Frank and the Footers.
- Captain (performed by Joey Mazzarino) - A character who works "Inside the Head" with Libido and Lieutenant.
- Libido (performed by John Henson) - A character who works "Inside the Head" with Captain and Lieutenant.
- Lieutenant (performed by David Rudman) - A character who works "Inside the Head" with Captain and Libido.
- Koozebanians (performed by Noel MacNeal and David Rudman) - Three aliens from the planet Koozebane. Two of them have two eyes while one of them has one eye.
- Dirt Sisters - Trish (performed by Joey Mazzarino, voiced by Elizabeth Regen) and Toya (performed by David Rudman, voiced by Cenophia Mitchell) are two gossipy girls that talk to each other on the phone and talk about the episode's main plot. Trish is from Staten Island while Toya is from Brooklyn.
- Pilot (9/18/93) -
- Becoming a Man (9/25/93) -
- Get a Job (10/2/93) -
- The Curse of Ali Baba (10/9/93) -
- Bye, Bye Reputation (10/16/93) -
- The Mural (10/23/93) -
- Alterations with Attitude (10/30/93) -
- Quality Time (11/13/93) -
- Rooftop Thanksgiving (11/20/93) -
- Pack of Lies (12/4/93) -
- Love Letters on the Hudson (12/11/93) -
- All My Trials (12/18/93) -
- I Am Woman (1/29/94) -
- Cyndi Cartagena - Angelica
- Don Chastain - Mr. Lester
- Hassan Elgendi - Snoopy, Christian
- Dulé Hill - John
- Anne Ho - Susan
- Audrey Ince - Frida
- Michelle Ingkavet -
- Dash Mihok -
- Cenophia Mitchell - Toya (voice)
- Elizabeth Regen - Trish (voice)
- Renoly Santiago - Tito
- Diana Smith - Nikki
- Brad Stoll - David
- John Henson - Libido
- Noel MacNeal - Koozebanians
- Joey Mazzarino - Bird, Captain, Trish
- Alison Mork -
- Carmen Osbahr -
- Don Reardon -
- David Rudman - Dread, Frankie Frank, Lieutenant, Koozbanians, Toya
- Carlo Yanuzzi -
- Some of the puppets from this show later made appearances in the Puppet Up! shows.
- CityKids on IMDb
- TV Guide: CityKids Summary
- Retrojunk: CityKids
- TV.com: CityKids
- The CityKids Foundation, Official Website