Clay Township, Morgan County, Indiana
Location in Morgan County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.66 sq mi (79.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.99 sq mi (77.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.67 sq mi (1.7 km2) 2.19%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||143.1/sq mi (55.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||46111, 46151, 46158|
|GNIS feature ID||0453215|
The township contains the incorporated towns of Brooklyn and Bethany, and the unincorporated town of Centerton. The entire township lies within the Metropolitan School District of Martinsville, with elementary schools at both Brooklyn and Centerton.
Fire protection is provided to the township by the Brooklyn Volunteer Fire Department, which operates stations in Brooklyn and on Robb Hill Road.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.66 square miles (79.4 km2), of which 29.99 square miles (77.7 km2) (or 97.81%) is land and 0.67 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 2.19%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Brooklyn and Butterfield.
Airports and landing strips
- Hilhon Airport
- Jewel Lake
- Old Swimmin Hole Lake
- Metropolitan School District of Martinsville Schools
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State Senate District 37
- "Clay Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Clay Township
||Monroe Township||Brown Township||Madison Township|
|Gregg Township||Harrison Township|
|Jefferson Township||Washington Township||Green Township|