Douglas Uggah Embas (born 28 July 1956) is a Malaysian politician who has served as Deputy Premier of Sarawak[a] since 2016. He has been Member of the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Bukit Saban since 2016, having previously been Member of Parliament (MP) for Betong from 1986 to 2018. He currently serves in the state cabinet of Premier Abang Abdul Rahman Johari Abang Openg as Second Minister for Finance and New Economy, as well as Minister for Infrastructure and Port Development. He previously served as Minister of Agriculture Modernisation and Rural Economy under former chief minister, Adenan Satem. Douglas is a member of the Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB), a component party of the ruling state Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) coalition.
Douglas was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Betong from October 1986 to May 2018. During his tenure as an MP, he served in the federal cabinet of three prime ministers Mahathir Mohamad, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, and Najib Razak. Douglas held the offices of Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Deputy Minister of Transport, and Minister of Natural Resources and Environment. His last position was as Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities, which he held until 2016, when he was appointed Deputy Premier.
|1986||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||8,052||64%||Wilfred Gomez Azarias Malong (IND)||2,433||19%|
|1990||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||9,178||74%||Musa Jamaluddin (PERMAS)||2,005||16%|
|1995||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||None||None||Unopposed|
|1999||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||None||None||Unopposed|
|2004||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||11,618||85%||Abang Zulkifli Abang Engkeh (SNAP)||1,895||14%|
|2008||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||13,708||86%||Edmund Stanley Jugol (SNAP)||1,999||13%|
|2013||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||15,476||88%||Cecilia Siti Una (PKR)||4,589||20%|
|2016||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||5,524||86%||Noel Changgai Bucking (PKR)||925||14%|
|2021||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||5,373||77.94%||Mikail Mathew Abdullah (PKR)||136||1.97%|
|Andria Gelayan Dundang (PSB)||1,385||20.09%|
- Malaysia :
- Sarawak :
- Member of the Order of the Star of Sarawak (ABS) (1984)
- Officer of the Order of the Star of Sarawak (PBS) (1985)
- Commander of the Order of the Star of Hornbill Sarawak (PGBK) – Datuk (1998)
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of Sarawak (PNBS) – Dato' Sri (2009)
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of Hornbill Sarawak (DA) – Datuk Amar (2013)
- Formerly known as Deputy Chief Minister.
- "PRN 11: Jabu berundur, Uggah di Bukit Saban". Utusan Borneo Berita Sarawak. The Borneo Post. 21 March 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Razif Yusuf (13 May 2016). "Tiga ADUN Dilantik Sebagai Timbalan Ketua Menteri Sarawak". Bernama. KLXpress. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Sarawak dapat 3 timbalan KM, Sim bukan antara mereka". Malaysiakini. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Douglas Uggah wins in Bukit Saban". By Bernama. NEW STRAITS TIMES PRESS. 7 May 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Ivy Soon (29 June 2003). "Chan gets Transport in minor Cabinet reshuffle". The Star. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "MAS to raise fares in bid to avoid losses". The Star. Star Publications (Malaysia). 23 November 2005. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Uggah aims to break the record". The Star. Star Publications (Malaysia). 25 March 2008. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Douglas Uggah Appointed As Minister of Plantation Industries And Commodities". BERNAMA. 15 May 2013. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Douglas Uggah Embas, Y.B. Datuk" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout, including votes for third parties. Results before 1986 election unavailable.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM PARLIMEN NEGERI BAGI TAHUN 2016". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 16 May 2016. Percentage figures based on total turnout, including votes for third parties. Results before 1986 election unavailable.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "Curriculum Vitae - Douglas Uggah Embas" (PDF). European Palm Oil Alliance. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Tunku Mahkota Johor ketuai senarai penerima darjah". Utusan Online. Archived from the original on 29 August 2018. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Masing and Uggah now Datuk Amar". The Star. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2018.