|2008–2009||Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department|
|2009–2013||Deputy Minister of Rural and Regional Development|
|2013–2015||Minister of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|Faction represented in Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly|
|2016–2018||Ambassador to Cambodia|
Hasan bin Malek
24 April 1946
Negeri Sembilan, Malayan Union (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
|Spouse||Norainee binti Mohd Yatib|
|Alma mater||University of Malaya University of Manchester|
Hasan bin Malek (Jawi: حسن بن مالك; born 24 April 1946) is a Malaysian politician. He was the Member of Parliament of Malaysia for the Kuala Pilah constituency in the State of Negeri Sembilan (2004-2018) and formerly the Ambassador of Malaysia to Cambodia. He was the federal Minister of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) party in Malaysia's previously governing Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.
In the 1995 general election and 1999 general election, Hasan won the state seat of Juasseh in the Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly. He remained in the State Assembly until the 2004 election, in which he was elected to the federal Parliament for the seat of Kuala Pilah. He was re-elected in 2008 and 2013. After the 2008 election he became a deputy minister, and after the 2013 election, he was appointed as the Minister of Domestic Trade Cooperative and Consumerism in the Cabinet of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
In the 2018 general election, Hasan lost to Eddin Syazlee Shith of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM), in a three-corner fight with Rafiei Mustapha of Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) for the Kuala Pilah parliamentary seat.
On 29 August 2019, the High Court had allowed the government's forfeiture of RM100,000 frozen from Hasan's bank account earlier in July in connection with the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal investigation.
|1995||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||4,979||85%||Mat Rais Paris (S46)||688||12%|
|1999||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||3,495||56%||Shamsul Bahri Shamsudin (PKR)||2,510||40%|
|2004||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||22,105||70%||Annuar Mohd Salleh (PKR)||8,763||28%|
|2008||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||20,417||64%||Annuar Mohd Salleh (PKR)||10,409||33%|
|2013||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||24,507||61%||Mohd Nazree Mohd Yunus (PKR)||14,846||37%|
|2018||Hasan Malek (UMNO)||17,845||44%||Eddin Syazlee Shith (PPBM)||18,045||45%|
|Rafiei Mustapha (PAS)||4,347||11%|
- Malaysia :
- Malacca :
- Negeri Sembilan :
- Pahang :
- "YB Dato' Sri Hasan bin Malek". Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 24 October 2014. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Negri urged to organise 'Week of Hard Life'". New Straits Times. 22 October 2002. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 23 January 2010. Includes results from the 2004 election. Results from earlier elections are not available.
- "Cabinet ministers take oath of office". Sin Chew Jit Poh. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "1MDB: Court allows government's forfeiture of RM100,000 from Hasan Malek". Bernama. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "1MDB: Court allows government's forfeiture of RM100,000 from Hasan Malek". The Sun Daily. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Yang Di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan's 83rd Birthday Honours list". The Star. 25 July 2005. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "812 terima darjah kebesaran, bintang, pingat Negeri Sembilan" (in Malay). Berita Harian. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Rektor UIA, Karam Singh terima darjah dari sultan". Bernama (in Malay). Malaysiakini. 24 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Artistes among those conferred titles in conjunction with Pahang Sultan's birthday". The Star. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2018.