Dow Jones Utility Average
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Dow Jones Utility Average (DJUA, also known as the "Dow Jones Utilities") is a stock index from S&P Dow Jones Indices that tracks the performance of 15 prominent utility companies traded in the United States.
|The AES Corporation||AES||electric utilities|
|American Electric Power Co., Inc.||AEP||electric utilities|
|American Water Works Company, Inc.||AWK||water utilities|
|Atmos Energy Corporation||ATO||gas utilities|
|Consolidated Edison, Inc.||ED||electric utilities|
|Dominion Energy||D||electric utilities|
|Duke Energy Corp.||DUK||electric utilities|
|Edison International||EIX||electric utilities|
|Exelon Corp.||EXC||diversified utilities|
|FirstEnergy Corp.||FE||electric utilities|
|NextEra Energy Inc.||NEE||electric utilities|
|Public Service Enterprise Group, Inc.||PEG||diversified utilities|
|The Southern Company||SO||electric utilities|
|Xcel Energy Inc.||XEL||electric utilities|
The Dow Jones Utilities is a price-weighted average.
The index was created in 1929 when all utility stocks were removed from the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
On April 20, 1965, the index closed at 163.32. On September 13, 1974, the index closed at 57.93.
The following table shows the annual development of the Dow Jones Utility Average, which was calculated back to 1928.
|Closing||960.89||Tuesday, February 18, 2020|
|Intraday||963.80||Tuesday, February 18, 2020|
- Dow Jones Averages | Dow Jones Utility Average | Overview
- "Avis Budget Group Set to Join the Dow Jones Transportation Average and American Water Works to Join the Dow Jones Utility Average" (PDF). www.spice-indices.com. September 23, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "Sempra Energy Set to Join Dow Jones Utility Average" (PDF). S&P Dow Jones Indices. January 15, 2019. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- "Atmos Energy and Xcel Energy Set to Join the Dow Jones Utility Average" (PDF). S&P Dow Jones Indices. October 20, 2020. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "Dow Jones Utility Average (^DJU) Historical Data - Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- Official Website
- Business data for Dow Jones Utility Average: