eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020
|eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020|
|Series||Pro Evolution Soccer|
eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 (abbreviated eFootball PES2020) is a football simulation video game developed by PES Productions and published by Konami for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is the 19th installment in the Pro Evolution Soccer series and was launched worldwide on 10 September, and was launched in Asia on 12 September. The new game features a name change with the addition of 'eFootball' within the title, symbolizing a push in the online gaming space with a focus on PESLeague and eFootball Pro tournaments. Lionel Messi returns as the cover star of the standard edition, since his last appearance on the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 cover, alongside Pro Evolution Soccer ambassadors Serge Gnabry, Miralem Pjanić and Scott McTominay. Ronaldinho will feature on the cover of the legend edition.
A renewed agreement between Konami and Barcelona, was announced signalling a continued relationship with the Spanish football club. Together with this announcement it was also confirmed that a special Barcelona edition will be released.
Manchester United and Konami announced an agreement which would see the club, its stadiums and players recreated within the game. The current squad have also been created using a full-body 3D scanning process, providing players of the game with ultra-realistic avatars.
After the announcement of the demo — which is expected on July 30, 2019, FC Bayern Munich was announced as an official partner club. Players will have the full experience with authentic kits, full 3D scanned players and, exclusively, Bayern's home ground, Allianz Arena.
Juventus signed an exclusive partnership with the game, which will see it includes the club kits, player names and stadium with realistic likeness in game and also making it the first time in 25 years that the FIFA series will not hold the licence for the club.
On 28 June 2019, Arsenal announced a 3-year extension to their partnership with Konami, which would see a highly detailed recreation of Emirates Stadium, as well as access to club legends and first-team players.
Included for the first time in the PES series, there is a new game mode called Matchday Mode. Players around the world will help their team to glory one match at a time in the new Matchday mode. Konami will choose an important match or derby game each week, players will then be able to decide which team they want to represent on Matchday.
Eighteen leagues are fully licensed in the game. All the teams in these leagues feature real players, kits and logos. Two new league licenses were obtained: the Italian Serie A and the Brazilian Campeonato Brasileiro Série B.
The English Premier League and EFL Championship, the Italian Serie B, and the Spanish La Liga and Segunda División will appear as unlicensed leagues in the game. These leagues will, however, feature real players. Serie A will have all clubs licensed, except Brescia, which will be licensed in a subsequent DLC.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2019)
- "eFootball PES 2020 Release Date set for 10th September!". PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 GLOBAL COVER REVEALED AND DEMO AVAILABLE TODAY". Konami. 30 July 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "FC Barcelona renews agreement with KONAMI, with Messi to appear on the cover of the new edition of eFootball PES 2020". www.fcbarcelona.com. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "Man Utd teams up with Konami on new PES 2020 football video game". www.manutd.com. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 Demo is Coming Out This Month - Esports News". EsportsTalk.com. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "FC Bayern München - KONAMI Official Partnership". eFootball PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2020 - Partner Bayern Munich. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Juventus to be called Piemonte Calcio in Fifa after PES deal". BBC. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Partnership with KONAMI extended". arsenal.com. Arsenal FC. 28 June 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "PES 2020 announced: Messi, Ronaldinho & Iniesta show off new gameplay, Master League & Matchday". realsport101.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Licenses and Stadiums List". konami.com. Konami. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 reviews for Playstation 4". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 reviews for Xbox One". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 Review - A Winning Formula". Gamespot. 10 September 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "eFootball PES 2020 review: "A faithful replication of the beautiful game… the most realistic PES to date"". GamesRadar+. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2019.