Eagles Nest Township, St. Louis County, Minnesota
|Eagles Nest Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||29.9 sq mi (77.5 km2)|
|• Land||25.2 sq mi (65.2 km2)|
|• Water||4.7 sq mi (12.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,467 ft (447 m)|
|• Density||8.1/sq mi (3.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1729739|
The unincorporated community of McComber is located within Eagles Nest Township.
Bear Head Lake State Park is located in the southeast portion of the township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 29.9 square miles (77 km2); 25.2 square miles (65 km2) is land and 4.7 square miles (12 km2), or 15.85%, is water.
The Armstrong River flows through the central portion of Eagles Nest Township.
Mud Creek flows through the northern portion of the township.
Adjacent townships and communities
The following are adjacent to Eagles Nest Township :
- Breitung Township (west)
- The unincorporated community of Soudan (west)
- Morse Township (east and northeast)
- Bear Island State Forest (east and south)
- Kugler Township (southwest)
The city of Tower is nearby to the west-southwest, but does not border the township.
The city of Ely is nearby to the east-northeast, but does not border the township.
As of the census of 2000, there were 169 people, 88 households, and 57 families residing in the township. The population density was 6.7 people per square mile (2.6/km²). There were 350 housing units at an average density of 13.9/sq mi (5.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 100.00% White.
There were 88 households out of which 9.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.5% were married couples living together, 1.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.2% were non-families. 30.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.92 and the average family size was 2.33.
In the township the population was spread out with 8.9% under the age of 18, 2.4% from 18 to 24, 9.5% from 25 to 44, 51.5% from 45 to 64, and 27.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 57 years. For every 100 females, there were 87.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.8 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $36,250, and the median income for a family was $39,167. Males had a median income of $31,750 versus $26,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $19,568. About 8.1% of families and 8.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.0% of those under the age of eighteen and 4.2% of those sixty-five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Eagles Nest township, St. Louis County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved August 25, 2011.