Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology
|Motto||सा विद्या या विमुक्तये|
|Established||15 September 2004|
|Location||Ratapur Chowk, NH 30, Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology was formally announced on 15 September 2004, in the presence of Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson of UPA-1 Government. It came into existence on 1 October 2004 as AICTE accorded its approval vide their letter No. 06/03/UP/ENGG/2004/010 dated 28-09-2004 and UPTU issued letter of affiliation vide letter No. E.S/5375/G.S/ dated 01-10-2004.
Admission is given on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidate in UPSEE-AKTU (Uttar Pradesh State Engineering Admission Test). This exam is conducted by APJAKTU. Around 4,50,000 students appear in this exam every year seeking admission to more than 800 engineering as well as management colleges affiliated to AKTU.
Courses offered & No. of Seats (in Brackets)
- B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) (120)
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering) (120)
- B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) (30)
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) (60)
- MCA (Master in Computer Application) (60)
 B.Tech in CS, EC, ME & AE are 4 years (8 semesters) degree course whereas MCA is a 3 years (6 semesters) degree course, in which admission can be taken by appearing in SEE-UPTU (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination), generally held on 3rd Sunday of April every year.
Integrated Aerospace Development Program
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur through an MOU has decided to be the mentor of the program.
- Fundamentally, the Aerospace program is by FGIET from APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- The program is running in complete collaboration with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi.
- MNNIT Allahabad and Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad are providing academic assistance.
- In future, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is said to be in full-fledged resource (academic and managerial) collaboration with FGIET/ IET Raebareli.
The educational degree will mutually include the name and insignia of all the participating institutes.
The institute has hostel facilities for boys and girls.Each hostel has its own mess, operated by an elected student representative. Each hostel is provided with a water-purifier, water-cooler and kit for indoor games and outdoor games. The name of boys hostel is Rajiv Gandhi Boys Hostel and the name of girls hostel name is Priyadarashini.
- "academic programmes : : Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology". fgiet.ac.in. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "Govt. Institutes (UPTU)".
- "Only Institute in GBTU offering Aeronautical engg.". Archived from the original on 2 July 2014.