|Traded as||ASX: IRE|
|Products||Trading platform, market data, wealth management software|
|Revenue||A$389 million (2016)|
Number of employees
IRESS is an Australian software company specialising in the development of software systems and services for financial markets and wealth management.
The company provides services to stockbrokers, financial institutions and research analysts. IRESS has its corporate office situated in Melbourne, with overseas offices located in South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
At one point, IRESS was an acronym for Integrated Real-time Electronic Securities System, however, that name has been antiquated and the company is simply known as 'IRESS'.
- June 1993: Dunai Financial Systems (DFS) is formed by Peter Dunai, Neil Detering and Hung Do.
- June 1995: The equity information software product ‘IRESS’ is launched.
- January 1997: Bridge Information Systems acquires 80% of Dunai Financial Systems (DFS) and forms BridgeDFS.
- June 1997: The trading software product ‘IRESS Order System (IOS)’ is launched, in line with the ASX options market moving from floor to screen to commence electronic trading.
- November 2000: BridgeDFS lists on the Australian Stock Exchange - code: BIS.ASX.
- October 2001: BridgeDFS changes its name to IRESS Market Technology Limited (IRESS).
- December 2001: Reuters BEACON equity software solution purchase.
- March 2003: XPLAN Technology Ltd acquisition – IRESS becomes a provider of wealth management software solutions.
- April 2004: IRESS KTG is formed as a 50:50 joint venture with ITG Canada – IRESS begins operating in Canada.
- June 2005: Agreement signed with Reuters to integrate the Reuters order routing network within the IRESS Order System (IOS).
- April 2006: IRESS Canada Holdings Ltd becomes wholly owned by IRESS Market Technology.
- Sept 2006: PlanTech Holdings Pty Ltd acquisition – a supplier of risk (life insurance) analysis and analytics.
- January 2007: IRESS (Canada) and TSX Markets joint project announced – IRESS to build an integrated order gateway solution for the Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange.
- April 2007: VisiPlan Pty Ltd acquisition. Formerly owned by IWL Ltd – a wealth management software provider in Australia.
- June 2007: Spotlight Interactive (Pty) Ltd acquisition – a provider of Financial Planning software in South Africa.
- May 2008: TransActive Systems Pty Ltd acquisition – a provider of mortgage analytics software in Australia.
- August 2008: Dealer Management Systems Pty Ltd (DMS) acquisition – an Australian remuneration management software provider.
- May 2009: FundData Pty Ltd acquisition – a collector and provider of managed funds quantitative data for Australia and New Zealand.
- January 2010: SENTRYi Pte Ltd acquisition – a Singapore based developer of investment planning tools for the Asian market place.
- January 2011: Peresys (Pty) Limited acquisition – a provider of sell side and buy side financial markets technology in South Africa.
- November 2011: IRESS sets up operations in London - the XPLAN wealth solution is made available to the United Kingdom.
- September 2013: Avelo acquisition - a provider of technology solutions to the financial services industry in the UK.
- June 2015: innergi acquisition - provider of personal financial education and news content.
- September 2015: Proquote acquisition - provider of trading, market data and connectivity solutions in the UK, previously owned by the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).
- September 2015: Pulse Software Systems acquisition - Pulse Software Systems, a leading provider of portfolio management software for private asset managers.
- September 2016: Acquisition of South African Inet BFA from Media24. Inet BFA, previously known as Inet Bridge and McGregor BFA was a financial data vendor specialized in the Southern African Markets and had been operating since 1990.
- November 2016: Financial Synergy acquisition - a leading and established provider of software to the Australian superannuation industry.
A suite of desktop and web-based software for the financial markets industry. An equity and derivative trading platform for trading, market data and portfolio management including global market data, buy side and sell side order management (OMS and EMS), FIX based order routing, direct exchange connectivity, smart order routing and portfolio management.
Modular, browser-based software for the wealth management industry. XPLAN provides financial planners and risk managers with a range of integrated tools for client management, business management and financial planning.
XPLAN is the highest rated software amongst dealer groups and financial planning firms in Australia.
Administrative software used by superannuation funds and providers for client management, back end processing and online access via Acurity Online. The platform is used primarily in Australia with over 4 million superannuation accounts representing more than $300 billion in funds under administration.
IRESS provides FIX connectivity between multi-broker FIX hubs, such as Thomson Reuters and NYFIX, as well as direct peer-to-peer FIX connections to facilitate access to the IRESS order management systems and client’s internal order systems.
IRESS is a premier member firm  supporting the advancement of the FIX Protocol.
- "IRESS Full Year Results 2016".
- IRESS Group Structure
- ASX 200 Index: Website
- "Australian equity market structure" (PDF).
- "Guide to Equity Options for Investment Managers" (PDF).
- Submitted by Share Trading on 5 July, 2008 - 22:51 (2008-07-05). "IRESS Market Technology (IRE) on the Australian Stockmarket". Mysharetrading.com. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- Peresys joins IRESS group
- IRESS history
- IRESS acquires Avelo
- "acquires Innergi". IRESS. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Two new acquisitions announced". IRESS. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "IRESS to buy INET BFA for R149.6m". Fin24.com. September 14, 2016.
- "announces acquisition of Financial Synergy in Australia". IRESS. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- XPLAN remains first choice
- IRESS Acurity Software
- FIX Protocol Global Members