Domino's Pizza Enterprises
|Traded as||ASX: DMP|
|Founded||Springwood, Queensland, Australia (1983)|
|Headquarters||485 KINGSFORD SMITH DRIVE
Number of locations
|1,500+ across Australasia Europe and Japan|
|Don Meij, CEO & MD|
|Revenue||A$588.7 million (2013/2014)|
|A$45.3 million (2013/2014)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||People Powered Pizza|
Domino's Pizza Enterprises (trading as Domino's) is an Australian public company that holds the exclusive master franchise for the Domino's Pizza brand network in Australia, New Zealand, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Principality of Monaco and Japan. Across these markets, Domino's Pizza Enterprises (DPE) has over 1,500 stores. In May 2005 DPE became the first publicly listed pizza company in Australia. It is the largest pizza chain in Australia in terms of network store numbers and network sales, as well as the largest franchisee for the Domino's Pizza brand in the world/
In 1960, Tom and James Monaghan purchased DomiNick’s pizza store in Michigan, United States. After eight months of trade James traded in his share of the business for a Volkswagen Beetle and forbade Tom from using the DomiNick’s name; and so the Domino’s name was born. The three dots in the logo represent the three original Domino’s stores, with a dot to be added for each additional store; this idea was dropped when the business experienced rapid growth
The first Domino’s store to open in Australia was in Springwood, Queensland, in 1983, and was the first pizza maker in Australia to offer home delivery. The Australian and New Zealand Master Franchise was bought by Silvio’s Dial-a-Pizza in 1993 and in 1995 the two brands merged and rebranded as Domino’s Pizza.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2015)|
- 1983: First Domino’s store opened in Australia.
- 1993: Silvio’s Dial-a-Pizza bought Domino’s Pizza.
- 1995: All Silvio’s stores were rebranded as Domino’s Pizza stores.
- 1997: Domino’s established the Dominos Partners Foundation.
- 2001: Don Meij and Grant Bourke, the two largest franchisees at the time, merged their stores into the corporate store network to bring the total to 50 corporate stores and 128 franchised stores.
- 2003: Domino’s expanded into new markets in Victoria, Australia, and Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2004: Domino’s opened its 300th store
- 2005: Domino’s listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, becoming the first publicly listed Australian pizza company.
- 2005: Domino’s opened its 400th store.
- 2005: Pizza College was established to train staff in all capital cities.
- 2006: Domino’s purchased existing Domino’s operations in France, Belgium, the Netherlands and the principality of Monaco, its first foothold in Europe, seeing it surpass its 500th store.
- 2008: Domino’s opened its 750th store.
- 2009: E-recruitment websites were launched and Domino’s expended into theme parks, as well as the first online ordering iPhone app, which reached the number 1 free app position on iTunes.
- 2010: Domino’s opened its 300th European store in Pessac, France.
- 2011: An online ordering mobile website was launched, as well as an application for Android ordering.
- 2015: Domino’s launches GPS Driver Tracker, uber-style technology that lets customers track their order from the store to their door.
Domino's Australia donates large quantities of pizza to natural disaster victims. They also provide food to isolated towns in rural areas that don't have access to large amounts of food. Domino's Australia has partnerships with Mission Australia, Royal Flying Doctor Service and Starlight Children's Foundation.
- "About Domino's". 24 November 2015.
- "2014 Annual Report". http://dominospizzaannualreport.com.au/. External link in
- Domino's Corporate - dominos.com.au 24 November 2015
- "The Deliverer" Boyer, Peter J. The New Yorker (February 19, 2007). Retrieved August 31, 2009
- "Tom Monaghan Domino's Pizza". CNNMoney. Cable News Network. Retrieved 2003-09-01.
- "Silvio's merged into Domino's in 1995". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Grant Bourke". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino’s launches 500th store". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino's Pizzas makes it 300 stores in Europe". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Domino's launches new online ordering website". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Domino’s deliveries on right track". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino's Pizza - Community". Dominos.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- Domino's Pizza Enterprises corporate webpage
- Domino's New Zealand corporate webpage
- Domino's Netherlands corporate webpage
- Domino's France corporate history webpage
- Domino's Belgium corporate history webpage