|Founder||Peter C. Farrell|
(Founder and Chairman)
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Products||Medical equipment for sleep-disordered breathing and other respiratory disorders|
|Revenue||USD$3.0 billion (2020)|
Number of employees
ResMed is a San Diego, California-based medical equipment company. It primarily provides cloud-connectable medical devices for the treatment of sleep apnea (such as CPAP devices and masks), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory conditions. ResMed has produced over 150,000 ventilators and bilevel devices to help treat the respiratory symptoms of patients with COVID-19. ResMed also provides software to out-of-hospital care agencies to streamline transitions of care into and between these care settings for seniors and their care providers (i.e. home health, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, life plan communities, senior living centers, and private duty).
ResMed employs more than 7,500 employees worldwide as of June 2020. The company operates in more than 140 countries worldwide and has manufacturing facilities in Australia, Singapore, France, and the United States. Revenue was US$3.0 billion in fiscal year 2020.
ResMed was established in 1989 by Peter Farrell in Australia. It relocated to San Diego in 1990. On March 1, 2013, Peter's son Mick Farrell became the company's new CEO. Peter transitioned to a non-executive role at the end of the year.
False Claims Settlement
In January 2020, ResMed Corp. agreed to pay more than $37.5 million to resolve alleged kickbacks paid to DME suppliers, sleep labs, and other healthcare providers in violation of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- AirSense 10 - ResMed's primary PAP platform device featuring built-in humidification, a digital user interface and a number of comfort features.
- AirMini - the world's smallest CPAP device featuring waterless humidification.
- Full face masks: AirFit F20, AirTouch F20, AirFit F30i
- Nasal masks: AirFit N20, AirFit N30i
- Nasal pillows masks: AirFit P10, AirFit P30i
- "ResMed Inc. Profile". MarketWatch.com. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "ResMed Inc. (RMD) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for June 22". Equities.com. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Burima, Boh (2018-05-01). "ResMed solid third quarter". Queensland Country Life. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "ResMed 2020 10-K Form". 13 August 2020.
- "Founder of ResMed to Step Down as CEO; Mick Farrell to Take Top Post". San Diego Business Journal. February 20, 2013. Archived from the original on July 28, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "ResMed Introduces AirFit F30i, Its First Tube-up Full Face CPAP Mask". investors.resmed.com. Retrieved 2020-01-28.