|Founder||Peter C. Farrell|
(Founder and Chairman)
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Products||Medical equipment for sleep-disordered breathing and other respiratory disorders|
|Revenue||USD$2.6 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
ResMed is a San Diego, California-based medical equipment company. It primarily provides cloud-connectable medical devices for the treatment of sleep apnea (such as CPAP devices and masks), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory conditions. It also provides software to out-of-hospital care agencies to streamline transitions of care into and between these care settings for seniors and their care providers (i.e. home health, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, life plan communities, senior living centers, and private duty).
ResMed employs more than 7,500 employees worldwide as of October 2019. The company operates in more than 120 countries worldwide and has manufacturing facilities in Australia, France, Singapore and the United States. It achieved revenues of US$2.6 billion in fiscal year 2019.
ResMed was established in 1989 by Peter Farrell in Australia. It relocated to San Diego in 1990. On March 1, 2013, Peter's son Mick Farrell became the company's new CEO. Peter transitioned to a non-executive role at the end of the year.
- "ResMed Inc. Profile". MarketWatch.com. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "ResMed Inc. (RMD) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for June 22". Equities.com. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Burima, Boh (2018-05-01). "ResMed solid third quarter". Queensland Country Life. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Resmed 2019 10-K Form". 8 August 2019.
- "Founder of ResMed to Step Down as CEO; Mick Farrell to Take Top Post". San Diego Business Journal. February 20, 2013. Archived from the original on July 28, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|