Peter C. Farrell|
(Founder and Chairman)
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
Michael "Mick" Farrell|
(President and COO)
|Products||Medical equipment for sleep-disordered breathing and other respiratory disorders|
ResMed is a San Diego, California-based medical equipment company. It deals primarily in equipment related to the treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders, including sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory conditions. It manufactures CPAP equipment, as well as the S+, a wireless, consumer-oriented sleep analysis device.
ResMed employed 6,080 employees as of June 22, 2018. The company operates in approximately 100 countries worldwide and has manufacturing facilities in Australia, France, Singapore and the United States. It achieved revenues of $1.7 billion USD in fiscal year 2014–15.[non-primary source needed].
ResMed was established in 1989 by Peter Farrell in Australia. It relocated to San Diego in 1990. On March 1, 2013, Peter's son Mick Farrell became the company's new CEO. Peter transitioned to a non-executive role at the end of the year.
- "S+ by ResMed review: A wireless tracker with the goal of improving your sleep". CNET. 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "ResMed Inc. (RMD) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for June 22". Equities.com. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Burima, Boh (2018-05-01). "ResMed solid third quarter". Queensland Country Life. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Corporate Factsheet (PDF)
- "Founder of ResMed to Step Down as CEO; Mick Farrell to Take Top Post". San Diego Business Journal. February 20, 2013. Archived from the original on July 28, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|