International Charismatic Mission Church
|Misión Carismática Internacional|
|Denomination||Evangelicalism, Neo-charismatic movement|
|Founder(s)||César and Claudia Castellanos|
Misión Carismática Internacional (also called International Charismatic Mission Church in english) is an evangelical megachurch, in Bogotá, Colombia, current neo-charismatic, and a christian denomination. The senior pastor of this community is César since its founding in 1983. In 2016, the attendance is 25,000 people.
The church was founded in 1983 by César and Claudia Castellanos as a cell group with 8 people. This same year, they visited Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul to learn about how to develop the church As of 2008, the church had more than 250,000 members in the World, organized into a structure of small cell groups. The church's teaching are titled the G12 Vision, which is based upon the mentoring of 12 disciples similar in method to Jesus. Castellanos stated that he was inspired to create the discipleship program after receiving a vision from God in 1983. In 2016, Misión Carismática Internacional has 25,000 people.
The International Charismatic Mission has a social meaning for the purpose of helping people to build principles of life. Values must be present in every member, regardless of their position within the ministry. The mission is for each member within the church to develop as a leader who can influence 12 people, and lead them to be true disciples of Jesus through the message of the Cross and the power of the Blood.
- David L. Miller, christianitytoday.com, Colombia's Bleeding Church, USA, MAY 18, 1998
- Afe Adogame, Janice McLean, Anderson Jeremiah, Engaging the World: Christian Communities in Contemporary Global Societies, Wipf and Stock Publishers, USA, 2014, page 155
- Blake, Daniel, President of Colombia Acknowledges Role of Church in Country's Transformation, Christianity Today, USA, February 26, 2007
- J. Gordon Melton and Martin Baumann, Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, ABC-CLIO, USA, 2010, page 749
- Kevin Hrebik and Adrienne S. Gaines, Leader Parts Ways With Founder, Charisma, August 31, 2003
- Warren Bird, World megachurches, Leadership Network, USA, Retrieved October 30, 2016