سرايا جرابلسParticipant in Syrian Civil War
|Active||2013 – 2015 (defunct)|
|Area of operations||Aleppo Governorate, Syria|
|Part of||Euphrates Volcano|
Free Syrian Army
|Battles and war(s)||Syrian Civil War|
The militia was a minor rebel group that fought the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant during the Siege of Kobanî. The rebel group evolved from previous rebel groups in the town of Jarabulus, which became an ISIL stronghold in June 2013. An offensive by rebels to retake control of Jarabulus failed following a suicide bombing attack by the IS on 15 January 2014. According to a representative of the Northern Sun Battalion in Kobanî, Jarabulus Company initially operated in the city but has since lost their presence by late 2014.
- "The Factions of Kobani (Ayn al-Arab)". Syria Comment. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Syrian Kurdish leader hails 'Euphrates Volcano' fight against IS". Middle East Eye. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Syrian Kurds Ally With Rebel Groups To Fight The Islamic State". Vice News. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Burak Bekdil (10 October 2018). "Turkey's Syrian Quagmire". Begin–Sadat Center for Strategic Studies. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "YPG and FSA form a joint military chamber to combat ISIS in Syria". ARA News. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
|This article related to a paramilitary organization or suspected paramilitary organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|