Islamic state (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Islamic State)
Islamic state is a type of government based on Islamic religious law (sharia).
Islamic state may also refer to:
- Islamic State of Afghanistan, the official name of the country Afghanistan from 1992 to 2001
- Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), a Sunni Islamic group that aimed to establish an Islamic state in Iraq from 2006 to 2013
- Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or the Islamic State, or Daesh (based on its Arabic acronym), an outgrowth of ISI with a greater geographic scope
- Islamic State of Qadian, a state in the Indian subcontinent involving Qadian and surroundings areas (1530–1802)
- Azawad, a territory in Mali, also known as the Islamic State of Azawad
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Islamic state.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.